Advantages of having a slow eshop

#1CHOVI3Posted 2/23/2013 7:34:52 AM
Hi guys! I was thinking about out eshop, and compared to iOS, it is better because of slow updates. Here's why:
Every week you have a short list to decide from. ( Which gives you the advantage of being able to analyze every option).
Small developers get way more attention.
You find out easily when something is on sale. ( Hard to track all sales on iOS)

Thoughts?
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#2GloryChaosPosted 2/23/2013 7:40:16 AM
Works for the developers. Doesn't excuse being offered games like Yoshi and Ice Climber as opposed to gba games and the like.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#3toad133Posted 2/23/2013 7:55:05 AM
Spaces things out better.

If we got amazing games constantly, there wouldn't be anything left of interest to sustain the VC over the years. Besides 3DSware of course, but it needs more then that.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#4iMURDAuPosted 2/23/2013 9:10:43 AM
Yeah this week it took .2 seconds before I said fts when are some good games coming out. Yoshi for NES? Who seriously wanted that? That's not an advantage.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#5CHOVI3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 9:11:13 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Works for the developers. Doesn't excuse being offered games like Yoshi and Ice Climber as opposed to gba games and the like.

I agree with that, but I was referring to specifically number of games :)
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#6Captain45452Posted 2/23/2013 9:30:40 AM
toad133 posted...

If we got amazing games constantly, there wouldn't be anything left of interest to sustain the VC over the years. Besides 3DSware of course, but it needs more then that.

Do you realize that their rate of releasing games will last them centuries ?

I won't wait that long.
#7Argh4430Posted 2/23/2013 12:27:42 PM
toad133 posted...

VC doesn't need to be sustained. All those games have already come out in the past, they will not necessarily compete with each other. Only 3DSware games need to be spaced out. I don't understand why people say the VC releases need to be spread out; you can buy them from other places, or get them through other means. How can old games compete with new ones?
#8GoldenJoe24Posted 2/23/2013 12:59:18 PM
The advantage is that users are more likely to buy games they normally wouldn't because of the constrained supply.

The disadvantage is that no developer in their right mind will participate in you nasty little program.

...says the iOS developer! Bleckeckeckeck!
#9zavlinzPosted 2/23/2013 1:08:07 PM
CHOVI3 posted...

You find out easily when something is on sale.

You sure do! You dont even need to turn the system on to find out. All you have to do is ask yourself out loud "is somthing i want on the eshop on sale?" and then answer yourself "Nope!"
#10UiruPosted 2/23/2013 1:12:43 PM
Yoshi for NES is a wonderful little puzzle game. You shut your mouth.

I would say Golf was the weakest offering. That or Wrecking Crew, but the second is mostly due to ignorance.
---
~Uiru