Paper Mario: Sticker Star is underrated game

#21Trailblazer34Posted 2/23/2013 11:40:36 PM
Why did Miyamoto ruin this game? Why did he insist on no new characters? No experience? Why? We may never know...

I would really like to see the original plan before Miyamoto NSMB'd into mediocrity.
#22nintendoggerPosted 2/23/2013 11:53:04 PM
strongo9 posted...
jedinat posted...
That_one_ posted...
I loaned the game from my friend,

Stopped reading.

I didn't even read it. I saw your post and didn't bother to.

Yes, how DARE people not comprehend and understand all of English grammar! How dare people speak in other languages and then only half learn English. *drools at mouth* You know, even if TC was just making it a dumb mistake, it's incredibly ridiculous that you're so rude over something so small. Tons of non-native English speakers use this site too, and the fact that you literally won't read their posts is just... wow.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning
#23That_one_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:25:45 AM
Thanks for feedback guys, and excuse me for not having perfect Oxford English.
#24Zero_ManiacPosted 2/24/2013 6:23:46 AM
That_one_ posted...
Thanks for feedback guys, and excuse me for not having perfect Oxford English.

Dude, for someone who doesn't speak/write English natively, you have damn awesome English. All I can see that is wrong is that you don't use articles (a, an, and the). Aside from that, flawless.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#25PokenubPosted 2/24/2013 6:33:02 AM
Deathsword00 posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
Id love to give it a try, but it seems to be the worst of the series and there are far too many games coming out in the near future to sink some time into Sticker Star.

Saying it's the worst in the series isn't exactly fair. It's just so vastly different from the original Paper Mario games. Sure there are random battles, numbered damage, and all that, but the focus is completely different. If you like the aesthetic, the concept, and have the money it's certainly worth a shot.

By your logic, I can't say the FF games after Final Fantasy 10 are the worst in the series, because they are so vastly different from the original.

Derp.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#26wiiking96Posted 2/25/2013 2:34:18 PM
Not underrated in the slightest. Even as it's own game, it's 7/10 at best. As a Paper Mario game, it's 4/10 at best. It has no significant redeemable qualities outside the music perhaps, and music doesn't make a game.

Of course, I'm talking about objective quality of the game. I think people are under the false assumption that a game being fun is the same as it being high quality. If you have low standards, then even a bad game can be fun to you.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#27CompassPosted 2/25/2013 3:16:08 PM
It's a great game. Blows TtYD out of the water. SPM is still better, though.
#28Zero_ManiacPosted 2/25/2013 3:29:04 PM
Compass posted...
It's a great game. Blows TtYD out of the water. SPM is still better, though.

Nope.
---
Currently Playing: Silent Hill, FE: Awakening, Megaman 2 (NES), Gunman Clive, and some GBA games.
#29FishyGoodness12Posted 2/25/2013 3:29:24 PM
The fights are not pointless. The more you fight, the more coins you get, plus the longer you stay in a stage, the more coins you get at the end of a level.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#30prinnylord1Posted 2/25/2013 3:38:49 PM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
The fights are not pointless. The more you fight, the more coins you get, plus the longer you stay in a stage, the more coins you get at the end of a level.

But by that means I could stand idle and get more coins without having to fight, still making it pointless and I can keep my pretty stickers! :D
---
A great game doesn't need "fancy voices" and "mindblowing graphics"
PSN stckman1 SSBB FC 0817-5697-7516