Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros 2?

#21SMASHKING84Posted 2/23/2013 4:30:20 PM
GirTheRobot posted...
MK7. The online will last you quite a while (I still find myself picking up and playing it from time to time after a few months). SM3DL is way too easy and short you'll be done with it and bored in a week or two. I haven't played NSMB2 but I heard it's even worse so I have no desire.

it's not that bad it may be easier but that's only because sm3dland relyed on bad camera angls for cheap deaths.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,vyers,attack a horse,and razieru
#22MerisYakiPosted 2/23/2013 4:34:55 PM
Ignore NSMB2 completely. Mario Kart 7 if you want to enjoy it before the Mario kart Wii U buzz or Super Mario 3D Land for platforming bliss. (It's fun to 100%)
#23mjc0961Posted 2/23/2013 6:28:54 PM(edited)
Everyone here is backwards. Super Mario 3D Land is the soulless game and New Super Mario Bros 2 is really good. The only accurate thing anyone here said about 3D Land is that it's insanely short. It's not at all worth the current asking price.

Or get Mario Kart 7 if you want some online play. But do yourself a huge favor and don't get 3D Land.

EDIT: Okay, so someone else said a second accurate thing about 3D Land that I missed before my original post. Here it is:

SMASHKING84 posted...
it's not that bad it may be easier but that's only because sm3dland relyed on bad camera angls for cheap deaths.

Super Mario 3D Land is full of terrible camera angles that result in cheap deaths since you can't adjust the camera in any useful way. They want to try and get you to use 3D, but it doesn't help because the distance between platforms in 3D changes based on how high you put the slider, so it still doesn't help give you an accurate reading of how far away the next platform is at all.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#24bcorneliaPosted 2/23/2013 6:27:59 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Everyone here is backwards. Super Mario 3D Land is the soulless game and New Super Mario Bros 2 is really good. The only accurate thing anyone here said about 3D Land is that it's insanely short. It's not at all worth the current asking price.

Or get Mario Kart 7 if you want some online play. But do yourself a huge favor and don't get 3D Land.

._.
---
This is an elite pirate
#25SMASHKING84Posted 2/23/2013 6:32:39 PM
mjc0961 posted...

EDIT: Okay, so someone else said a second accurate thing about 3D Land that I missed before my original post. Here it is:

SMASHKING84 posted...

Super Mario 3D Land is full of terrible camera angles that result in cheap deaths since you can't adjust the camera in any useful way. They want to try and get you to use 3D, but it doesn't help because the distance between platforms in 3D changes based on how high you put the slider, so it still doesn't help give you an accurate reading of how far away the next platform is at all.

i'm glad i'm not the only person who hates sm3dland well besides yahtzee but i'm pretty sure he hates nsmb 2 also.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,vyers,attack a horse,and razieru
#26Delirious_BeardPosted 2/23/2013 6:37:55 PM
Really not high on any of them, but Mario Kart I guess.
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif
#27SetecAstronomyPosted 2/23/2013 6:56:54 PM
3D Land by a long shot. It is not just the best game out of the three you listed, but it is one of the best games on the system. A must own.
#28Kilp45Posted 2/23/2013 7:13:32 PM
3D Land by far, don't bother with the other 2.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Black 2 FC: 5329-8868-7421
#29iMURDAuPosted 2/23/2013 7:35:41 PM
3D Land is not easy and short like others have posted. Maybe the first 8 worlds are but if you only play half the game and stop then of course every game will be easy and short in your eyes. I feel bad for the poster who said the camera resulted in cheap deaths because the 3D effect allowed me to be a better judge of platforms than any other "3D" Mario title. So I'd recommend 3D Land obviously.

I own New SMB 2 also and its a shorter trip to finishing the main game than 3D Land. Finding all the star coins and unlocking the extra worlds will take some time though. The 3D effect is the worst of any 3DS game I've played and its 1st party so that is just straight up weak. If I wanted to see distant objects as blurs then I'd take my glasses off and stare out my window.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#30RayzerTagPosted 2/23/2013 7:37:32 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is fantastic
Mario Kart 7 is great
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is okay
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.