C/D I want a Tales of game made for the 3DS

#21SuichimoPosted 2/23/2013 10:00:39 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Not happening, Namco confirmed that series is staying on Playstation. Tales of the Abyss was the last non-Sony one if I remember correctly.

Tales has moved between platforms for forever - source?

"HB: As Ive mentioned before, the main market for the Tales of series is Japan, and the console highest in demand is the PlayStation 3. Well pursue the possibility of releasing titles on various hardware systems as the market changes, but for now well develop the titles on PlayStation 3 to reach the most Japanese players as possible."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/20/tales-of-xillia-coming-to-ps3-namco-bandai-answers-your-questions/

So they could change to 3DS if they want to, but it looks like the fanbase wants the games on PS3.

Which would put priority towards the 3DS anyway, as its huge over there.

Anyway:

C - Because I want a real Tales of Hearts port instead of what the Vita is getting.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#22CcroybbPosted 2/23/2013 10:29:56 PM
Not happening, Namco confirmed that series is staying on Playstation. Tales of the Abyss was the last non-Sony one if I remember correctly.

Tales has moved between platforms for forever - source?

"HB: As Ive mentioned before, the main market for the Tales of series is Japan, and the console highest in demand is the PlayStation 3. Well pursue the possibility of releasing titles on various hardware systems as the market changes, but for now well develop the titles on PlayStation 3 to reach the most Japanese players as possible."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/20/tales-of-xillia-coming-to-ps3-namco-bandai-answers-your-questions/

So they could change to 3DS if they want to, but it looks like the fanbase wants the games on PS3.

Doesn't say anything about PS4 or Vita, though. Xilia 2 was probably the last PS3 game. Who knows where the next one will go?

Probably to the PS4.

Again, the interview says nothing to suggest a Tales game going to PS4. If anything, this makes it more likely going to 3DS, since they want the game to be on the most popular console in Japan.