Bought a 3DS XL... and I don't even use the 3D feature

#1SolnotPosted 2/23/2013 8:26:50 PM
I tried it once and it was fun for maybe 30 minutes... but after that it just got boring and tiresome having to adjust my 3DS in a certain position to experience the full stereoscopic 3D effects. I really hope Nintendo drops this 3D gimmick on their next handheld system. Anyone else not bother with the 3D effect and just leave it turned off when playing 3DS games?
#2jedinatPosted 2/23/2013 8:34:17 PM
Are nice graphics in your games "fun for 30 minutes" then get boring for you too? Should devs stop bothering with good graphics? I'm just trying to put this in perspective.
#3Arsene-LupinPosted 2/23/2013 8:37:00 PM
Nintendo can't drop the 3D gimmick. Ever. Because each system has to be b/c with at least the last generation, that means every nintendo handheld from here on out MUST have 3D screens, touch screens, and two screens.

And yes, most people don't bother with the 3D effect. Partly because being forced to play within the viewing angle is annoying, and partly because it drains the battery faster.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#4kyioriPosted 2/23/2013 8:40:01 PM
I leave it on all the time, mostly in full force
---
If you're not a sheep in one flock, you're a sheep in another.
Sakura Taisen Forever
#5bob123126Posted 2/23/2013 8:48:17 PM
I also find that most people don't use the 3D. I will use 3D in certain games. For instance in some cut scenes from Zelda Ocarina of Time I'll watch it in 3D because I've already seen it on the 64. :P Might as well experience it in a slightly different way.

Other than that I don't really use the 3D.
---
Just remember love is life, and hate is living death
Treat your life for what it's worth, And live for every breath
#6bcorneliaPosted 2/23/2013 8:53:09 PM(edited)
Unless you have some kind of medical condition (like missing a whole eye) you're doing yourself a disservice by not using the 3D.

Games like Kid Icarus and SM3DL would, frankly, just look ugly without it.
---
This is an elite pirate
#7mjc0961Posted 2/23/2013 8:55:08 PM
jedinat posted...
Are nice graphics in your games "fun for 30 minutes" then get boring for you too? Should devs stop bothering with good graphics? I'm just trying to put this in perspective.

And you've failed miserably because optical illusions are not comparable to good graphics at all.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#8mjc0961Posted 2/23/2013 8:56:31 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Nintendo can't drop the 3D gimmick. Ever. Because each system has to be b/c with at least the last generation, that means every nintendo handheld from here on out MUST have 3D screens, touch screens, and two screens.

And yes, most people don't bother with the 3D effect. Partly because being forced to play within the viewing angle is annoying, and partly because it drains the battery faster.

Nope. Not every feature has to be supported. Go grab two DS Lites and play some GBA multiplayer. Oops, can't do it, not supported.

The new system can still play 3DS games but not have 3D mode.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#9Arsene-LupinPosted 2/23/2013 9:31:40 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Nope. Not every feature has to be supported. Go grab two DS Lites and play some GBA multiplayer. Oops, can't do it, not supported.

The new system can still play 3DS games but not have 3D mode.

Nintendo didn't adopt the "one generation compatible" policy until recently--with the Wii. So long as they maintain that policy, every future handheld must have two screens, touch screen, 3D screen, gyro, etc.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#10Justice98405Posted 2/23/2013 9:36:59 PM
I don't use it either. It can be cool looking, but it's too much of a hassle to keep holding the system in the sweet spot to not get the double-image, so I just turn it off as well. That's okay, I didn't buy the system for the 3D feature, I bought it for the games and that it's a fully functional DS as well, which I never had before.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405