What's with the 3DS and the MT Framework Mobile engine?

#1MillionGunmannnPosted 2/23/2013 10:24:04 PM
1st RE:R being on of the sexiest looking games on a portable device in history.

Now: MH3U looking better than one of the Wii's best looking games and maintaining 60 FPS with 3D on with advance shadowing and lighting effects.
#2furygodsPosted 2/23/2013 10:30:52 PM
MillionGunmannn posted...

Now: MH3U looking better than one of the Wii's best looking games and maintaining 60 FPS with 3D on with advance shadowing and lighting effects.

Wait monster hunter 3U for the 3DS has 60 fps with 3D on, meaning 60 fps without 3D on!?

How much fps did MHP3rd run?
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#3MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:36:52 PM
MHP3rd runs at 30FPS with minimal slowdown
#4blohangelPosted 2/23/2013 10:37:58 PM
It's tailored especially for the 3DS, and supposedly it's stronger than the Wii.

Also, did anyone notice how smoothly the Capcom logo moved around on startup? Or was it just me.
---
"We don't play EDF for graphics, we play it for massive carnage we lay upon alien scum" -gamemaster712
PSN: Angel_Garcilazo/3DS FC: 4940-5942-3940
#5furygodsPosted 2/23/2013 10:44:59 PM

Still, The Mercenaries 3D has some noticeable slowdowns when Duo playing, and in certain areas of the game, so I wouldn't praise the MT Framework Mobile too much ^^
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#6Second_ChancesPosted 2/23/2013 10:50:54 PM(edited)
MT Framework itself is an engine that runs on an endless supply of miracles, and when under the hands of a capable development team who truly want to make a good game the consumer will enjoy, is capable of successfully defying the very laws of the universe and using it's own in place.
#7ferofaxPosted 2/24/2013 1:28:53 AM
furygods posted...

Still, The Mercenaries 3D has some noticeable slowdowns when Duo playing, and in certain areas of the game, so I wouldn't praise the MT Framework Mobile too much ^^

Because Mercenaries was during the early stages of porting the MT Framework Mobile engine, as well as SFIV3D. But you cannot deny that it looked very pretty when it came out, almost like the console counterparts (keyword: almost).

By the time Revelations came out, they've pretty much perfected it, which is why MH3G/MH3U looks absolutely gorgeous and does 60FPS even with 3D on.

Capcom shines bright on the 3DS. Let's just hope they decide to heavily bank on it. I personally wouldn't mind Capcom's console titles ported to the 3DS on their mobile engine.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#8Tzuba12Posted 2/24/2013 3:31:01 AM
Man, the 60fps in Monster Hunter is just... beautiful... everything is so smooth.. dem animations!
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#9gransPosted 2/24/2013 5:20:44 AM(edited)
It's not so much that the engine is a shocking piece of tech (though it's certainly impressive), but the 3DS' GPU is very much capable of these visuals and it's not some sort of miracle at work here. It's just that the majority of other games on the system tend to look bad and that makes it so incredible looking in comparison. Very few developers even attempt to make a decent looking and running game for the 3DS. They don't care to put any effort in. Capcom is one of those few that took the time to custom port their console engine and optimize it for 3DS hardware to create something that stands out from the crowd on a technical level. It's simply that few other developers care about making technically competent games. There are a few exceptions, but they're few and far between.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#10squatch22Posted 2/24/2013 5:27:52 AM
A certain user on the Wii U board claims MH3U on Wii U runs at 48fps or less. lol.
Didnt think that would be true as the 3DS version runs at 60.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg