Havent bought a Nintendo product since 90s. Thinking of buying a 3DS...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Havent bought a Nintendo product since 90s. Thinking of buying a 3DS...
2 years ago#1
Hi there Nintendo fans. I have been exclusively a Playstation gamer since the 90s. Recently I have been thinking about getting a handheld. As far as I have heard, the 3ds is a lot better than PSP vita. However, I do not know anything else. I know I can search on the internet but I thought maybe I should get opinion from actual owners. I have some questions, I will be thankful if someone can answer them.

What kind of games are available on the system? Are they mostly first party (Mario/Zelda) or third party as well?
What is the price of the system and games these days?
What are some of the best/flagship games?
I like jrpgs so are there any good jrpgs on the system?
What is the difference between 3dsXL and regualr 3ds? Which should I buy if I decide to buy one?
Finally, are games for children a major part of the games catalogue? I do not enjoy "kiddy" games so is it worth my money to buy a 3ds?

Thanks for any guidance guys.
2 years ago#2
If you're gonna mention kiddy games, then don't even bother.
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
2 years ago#3
Shadowman621 posted...

This. TC obviously hasn't researched the 3DS at all and doesn't even know what kind of games it has.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
2 years ago#4
Shadowman621 posted...

I do not label innocent games as kiddy. For example, I love Ni no kuni on PS3. By kiddy I mean games that are specifically made to appeal to younger audience.
2 years ago#5
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Shadowman621 posted...

This. TC obviously hasn't researched the 3DS at all and doesn't even know what kind of games it has.

Man, I just said do not know anything about 3ds. That is why I was asking. I hoped maybe 3ds owners will be helpful in gaining some knowledge about the system and games...
2 years ago#6
the only "kiddie" games are shovelware crap that no one cares about
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
2 years ago#7
AsimLeonheart posted...
Man, I just said do not know anything about 3ds. That is why I was asking. I hoped maybe 3ds owners will be helpful in gaining some knowledge about the system and games...

I'm pretty sure that if you said your kiddy quote on any other system's board then you'd get the same kind of response.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
2 years ago#8
PSP vita, research
/end thread
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
2 years ago#9
Why would you need the opinion of peoplr to find the price of a 3ds? Woukdnt it be quicker to Google the answer to most those questions than waiting for a response on a message board?
2 years ago#10
I was very much in your position about a month ago. I bit the bullet and bought one a couple weeks ago. It is worth it. It has been for me anyway. I would do your research and see if there are any good games you want or like either out or coming out. The reason I got so interested was for Fire Emblem: Awakening. I still haven't been able to find one in store to buy. But that really hasn't stopped me from loving my 3DS. I got Mario Kart 7 and also Pokemon White 2 (for the original ds) and have been busy with those.

I honestly think it is probably the best system out right now. The games and developers have hit their stride in the two years almost since it has been out. On the horizon it looks to have the best software lineup. BUT -- you should still look and see if these are games you would want to get.

I hadn't played nintendo seriously since the N64. My little sis had a gamecube but I only played it for Resident Evil 4. But that is what made picking the 3DS up even better. I haven't played a lot of these series in a long time. So everything feels really fresh and new.

I will tell you to get the 3DS XL. Some people say the speakers aren't as good. However, the XL is still rather tiny and I think that the regular 3DS may be too small. But that is for me. Bottom line do your research because the rest of us can just give you our opinions. My opinion is you should go for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Havent bought a Nintendo product since 90s. Thinking of buying a 3DS...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived