Havent bought a Nintendo product since 90s. Thinking of buying a 3DS...

#31masa8munePosted 2/24/2013 1:50:01 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
moogle69 posted...
I said that because I saw a word called kiddy in his sentence and that annoys me, rhe last thing this board needs is another idiot saying, oh I bought this system and it just isnt for me vecause to am a big boy now.

Why do you care? Does this actually hurt you in some way?

actually it IS kinda annoying.
---
Currently playing: Re:R, Mario kart 7, Tales of symphonia, Naruto clash of the ninja revulution 1/2
#32JP_SartrePosted 2/24/2013 1:57:49 PM
masa8mune posted...
JP_Sartre posted...
moogle69 posted...
I said that because I saw a word called kiddy in his sentence and that annoys me, rhe last thing this board needs is another idiot saying, oh I bought this system and it just isnt for me vecause to am a big boy now.

Why do you care? Does this actually hurt you in some way?

actually it IS kinda annoying.

Agreed, but this is Gamefaqs. If anyone ever wanted a rational discussion, they would go elsewhere.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#33RRDarkenPosted 2/24/2013 2:08:42 PM
In response to the original question and not the drama: I'd say go for it. It's not a huge investment and there are some good games. The library leaves a little to be desired, but it's way better than it was at launch.

Plus, if you haven't bought anything Nintendo since the 90s, you've missed the whole original DS lineup. The DS was my favorite handheld pretty much ever: It is actually the reason I got the 3DS at launch.
#34PuddingchanPosted 2/24/2013 2:37:37 PM
Well they successfully scared away the TC. So the trolls won. What more do they want? I don't know.
#35IHeartMetroidPosted 2/24/2013 3:34:03 PM(edited)
Puddingchan posted...
Well they successfully scared away the TC. So the trolls won. What more do they want? I don't know.

Perhaps.

But the TC is a GameFAQs member with an Elite-Level amount of Karma. I would imagine that someone who's been popping around here since 2005 probably isn't going to be chased away by a few judgmental people or trolls.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#36SoaringDivePosted 2/24/2013 4:17:34 PM(edited)
Stop freaking out that he said "kiddy". He has specifically said that when he said kiddy, he means games aimed almost exclusively to kids. Not Mario, or games in cartoony, colourful nature.

There are games for everyone, and there are games exclusively for kids. He wants the ones for everyone. He makes an example that he loves Ni no Kuni, where on the PS3 board any topic mentioning the game was a bunch of pre-teens going "GET THAT KIDDY GAME OUTTA HERE! CALL OF DUTY!!!" so he isn't looking for dull brown shooters when he says that.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#37leeko_linkPosted 2/24/2013 5:33:29 PM(edited)
What kind of games are available on the system? Are they mostly first party (Mario/Zelda) or third party as well?

1st (Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros.), 2nd (Fire Emblem, Star Fox and Pokemon), 3rd (Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.), and 4th (indie games) party as well.

What is the price of the system and games these days?

It's around $160-$180 for the original model and $190-$220 for the XL version.

What are some of the best/flagship games?

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Resident Evil: Revelations, Rayman Origins, Sonic Generation, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transform, Mario Kart 7, Ridge Racer 3D, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, Tekken Prime, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Shinobi 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario: Sticker Stars, Unchained Blade, Code of Princess, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, etc.

I like jrpgs so are there any good jrpgs on the system?

Code of Princess, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tales of the Abyss, and Kingdom Hearts 3D are good. Also other JRPGs like Soul Hackers, Dragon Quest VII, Pokemon X & Y, and Project X Zone are coming to 3DS soon too.

What is the difference between 3dsXL and regualr 3ds? Which should I buy if I decide to buy one?

3DS XL had bigger screen size and resolution, actual START & SELECT buttons, bigger design, and perhaps a more longer battery perhaps. The original 3DS is just like that but smaller and and the SELECT & START buttons aren't actual buttons. If you you had big hands, I recommend getting the XL but it's your choice.

Finally, are games for children a major part of the games catalogue? I do not enjoy "kiddy" games so is it worth my money to buy a 3ds?

Nintendo makes games for everyone, if you don't want to play games that are rated anything under T (like Kid Icarus: uprigins and Kingdom Hearts 3D) then just ignore them. You'll be missing out some great fun though but hey screw the kitties right?