zelda oot or kid icarus?

#1kunegochu90Posted 2/24/2013 7:12:31 PM
OK I have never played a Zelda game but here good things.. Also people say that if you haven't played it then it is a must buy.. I enjoy puzzle games.. For kid Icarus I really want a WiFi game and this looks like the best one.. I am however, a lefty which might make this game hard..
---
Pokemon white 2 fc 013313385348
#2jedinatPosted 2/24/2013 7:16:13 PM
Zelda now, Kid Icarus later. The latter was $15 a couple weeks ago. You missed it.
#3yellowflashedPosted 2/24/2013 7:34:10 PM
I have played zelda on the n64 when I was younger and I have to say it was one of the best games I have ever played. I never had a chance to beat it because it was a rental from blockbuster :(

Kid Icarus from the commercials I have seen on tv looks amazing as well. I will probably play both games when I have the chance. Still waiting for a 3ds color that I like to be released.
#4xIvan321Posted 2/24/2013 7:40:04 PM
No, no, no, no, no. OoT is not a good game Zelda game for those who are new to the franchise. Chances are you will not think it is as good as Zelda fanatics say it is. Play Wind Waker if you want a great impression of the Zelda experience. If you want a game full of puzzles try Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask. (wonderful game) Otherwise choose Kid Icarus Uprising for the best online experience the 3DS has to offer.
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#5bcorneliaPosted 2/24/2013 7:41:12 PM
xIvan321 posted...
No, no, no, no, no. OoT is not a good game Zelda game for those who are new to the franchise.

Bold-faced lie.
---
This is an elite pirate
#6ptreemf12Posted 2/24/2013 7:42:48 PM
xIvan321 posted...
No, no, no, no, no. OoT is not a good game Zelda game for those who are new to the franchise. Chances are you will not think it is as good as Zelda fanatics say it is. Play Wind Waker if you want a great impression of the Zelda experience. If you want a game full of puzzles try Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask. (wonderful game) Otherwise choose Kid Icarus Uprising for the best online experience the 3DS has to offer.

Right... I have played two Zelda games in my life, and OoT was the first. I love the game to death. I am by no means a Zelda fanatic either, I just think it's a great game.

The online in Kid Icarus is garbage now. Newcomers don't have a chance in hell. The game is still pretty good, but if any game is hyped up and worshiped by fanatics, it's KI:U.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#7Zero_ManiacPosted 2/24/2013 7:51:51 PM
xIvan321 posted...

Aren't you cool, hating on one of the most popular Zelda games to date.
---
Currently Playing: Silent Hill Origins, FE: Awakening, Megaman 2 (NES), Gunman Clive, and some GBA games.
#8xIvan321Posted 2/24/2013 7:54:09 PM
I'm just saying, its not a good game to start Zelda with for those who never tried a Zelda game. I know people who don't want to give Zelda another try after someone recommended them Ocarina of Time on the 3DS.
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#9bcorneliaPosted 2/24/2013 7:56:23 PM
xIvan321 posted...
I'm just saying, its not a good game to start Zelda with for those who never tried a Zelda game. I know people who don't want to give Zelda another try after someone recommended them Ocarina of Time on the 3DS.

I don't understand how you would think that TWW of all things would be different. Big flat ocean, tedious wind altering, crummy dungeons, callbacks to OoT, etc.
---
This is an elite pirate
#10RyuVegasPosted 2/24/2013 7:59:27 PM
As a Zelda FANATIC, one who has played and beaten every game in the series as it released at least once, go with OoT. You are also seeing a Kid Icarus Fan(Played Of Myths and Monsters on the GB to death, and Pit is my main in Brawl) and I still say choose OoT of KI if you have never played the former. Game really does stand to be called "One of the Best Games of all time" and the 3DS update does it great justice.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon