zelda oot or kid icarus?

#31Deimos259Posted 2/24/2013 10:11:04 PM
Kid Icarus, but it's close... OoT is like 7/10 while KIU is 7.5/10
---
#32xIvan321Posted 2/24/2013 10:46:55 PM(edited)
Kid Icarus Uprising is actually under rated especially by reviewers because they found the controls to be really bad since you have to rely on the touch screen to aim. Not only that but it hasn't sold that great either compared to the Marios and Zeldas. Zelda is the number 1 thing people fixate on this board and often leads to topics getting seriously derailed which is why I think Ocarina of Time is a little too over rated. Seriously, mention 1 thing about Zelda and you have a topic with 5 or 10 pages already.
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#33NeonYoshi11Posted 2/25/2013 9:52:08 AM
xIvan321 posted...
I'm just saying, its not a good game to start Zelda with for those who never tried a Zelda game. I know people who don't want to give Zelda another try after someone recommended them Ocarina of Time on the 3DS.

Ocarina of Time IS the perfect Zelda game to start with.

It has elements of everything we love about LoZ within the game.

* Arguably Best music in series

* One of the better stories

* Tons of little micro areas to go explore, and other side quest stuff is fun.

* The puzzles and dungeons are well done except for the Water Temple, but even that id debatable.

* It has elements of games Pre-OoT as well and the upgraded graphics and color pallet couldn't hurt either.

This is one of the few games that is universally loved by almost all people.

If you cant see the magic within this game then it wasn't meant for you.
#34NeonYoshi11Posted 2/25/2013 9:53:41 AM
Deimos259 posted...

haha

KI = The game moves for you and you press a trigger or stylus to shoot.....end

It has good graphics and I heard the story was pretty good but lets not blow things out of proportion here. It's an on rails shooter similar to Pokemon Snap.ok

OoT is one of the best games ever made, and also has some of the most memorable characters, & music in any game ever made.
#35thetoughkidPosted 2/25/2013 10:16:23 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Deimos259 posted...

haha

KI = The game moves for you and you press a trigger or stylus to shoot.....end

It has good graphics and I heard the story was pretty good but lets not blow things out of proportion here. It's an on rails shooter similar to Pokemon Snap.ok

OoT is one of the best games ever made, and also has some of the most memorable characters, & music in any game ever made.

Lol your the same guy I saw on the Vita forum, blasting Vita fans cause the Vita got alot of ports and remakes, still you defend OoT? ^_^

Gotta loooove the 3DS peeps lol.
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476
PSN: Dupichos
#36Deimos259Posted 2/25/2013 10:44:45 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
I heard the story was pretty good

So you never played the game?

NeonYoshi11 posted...

Like who? They all suck.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cvybSni.jpg
#37xIvan321Posted 2/25/2013 10:59:09 AM
The characters actually do suck in that game, but I have never forgotten any of the music in Ocarina of Time. The plot in other Zelda games is far better.
---
#38loz246789Posted 2/25/2013 11:13:33 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
xIvan321 posted...
I'm just saying, its not a good game to start Zelda with for those who never tried a Zelda game. I know people who don't want to give Zelda another try after someone recommended them Ocarina of Time on the 3DS.

Ocarina of Time IS the perfect Zelda game to start with.

It has elements of everything we love about LoZ within the game.

* One of the better stories

Wut.
Ocarina of time is many things, but having a good story is not one of its strong points. The only slightly interesting point is the ending, which even then can only be put into context by playing other games.
*STORY SPOILERS*

For the most part, the plot can be summed up as "Ganon is evil, stop him by collecting some things to open a door to get a neat sword *seven years later* Ganon is still evil, collect some more things while a mysterious character (who's identity has by this point been spoiled by smash) occasionally comes to have a chat about...stuff. Defeat Ganon!
Oh by the way timeline split."
Have I missed anything? Yes there's some stuff about the inhabitants of hyrule, but even that's pretty bare-bones.

*END SPOILERS*
P.S. As a game, OOT is still a good place to start (if you put it off until later, you will end up just realising how similar it is to the basics of future games and not enjoy it as much), but an impressive narrative it does not have.
IMO.
Don't shoot me.
#39emagdnEPosted 2/25/2013 12:57:12 PM
OoT is one of the very best games ever made

Uprising is one of the absolute worst

.....the choice is obvious
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#40xIvan321Posted 2/25/2013 1:50:44 PM
Endgame...
---