would a 6 year old enjoy sticker star?

#1DaRk RiDeRPosted 2/24/2013 9:49:49 PM
thinking about getting it for my niece for her bday.
---
I was staring through the cage of those meticulous ink strokes... at an absolute beauty.
#2slugbossPosted 2/24/2013 9:56:49 PM
Probably not, there is little indication where to go at certain points and it's a puzzle to figure out.
#3FatalyzePosted 2/24/2013 9:58:21 PM
the game requires a lot of reading (or so i would assume, never having played the game), plus the turn-based/timing-based combat would probably be boring/difficult, respectively, for a 6-year-old.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#4teh1337gosuPosted 2/24/2013 10:03:15 PM
Fatalyze posted...
the game requires a lot of reading (or so i would assume, never having played the game), plus the turn-based/timing-based combat would probably be boring/difficult, respectively, for a 6-year-old.

Because Mario RPG was so boring to us as kids...
---
Yvan eht nioj
#5LinkMaster2703Posted 2/24/2013 10:04:40 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
Fatalyze posted...

Because Mario RPG was so boring to us as kids...

People are used to having their hand held throughout games these days.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#6PinchekriaPosted 2/24/2013 10:22:45 PM(edited)
Get her Mario Kart instead. There are parts in Sticker Star where you need to backtrack to obtain the correct sticker in specific locations in order to progress further. The hints offered aren't always that helpful.
#7ViperEO2Posted 2/25/2013 7:58:11 AM
Reminds me alot of Zelda I. Except it didn't come with a map.
#8Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/25/2013 8:01:28 AM
Just give it a shot. People are seriously exaggerating here. This game does have a lot of dialouge, but only on very few occasions does it contain anything important.
If she has trouble, she can try again later. But this game definitely isn't hard enough to make 6 year-old kids rage.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 2/25/2013 8:20:45 AM
i think it can be waaaay too cryptic in places, with the way you have a background problem, and of course you need a sticker to solve the problem. first you need to decipher the game's idea of a "logical solution" for the puzzle - a glaring example being a sleeping character blocking your way. obviously there are tens of thousands of ways to wake something up, so there's probably at least 20 different stickers that could potentially work. problem is only one sticker actually works, so you have to through a trial and error process wasting stickers to see which one is the correct one. then there are boss weaknesses - first you have to guess what its weakness is, then hope you stumbled upon a 'thing' earlier and stickerized it. if you didn't, chances are you're screwed. oh and lets not even start on the paperize feature. that has to be done in so many places, including extremely non-obvious areas kids would never know when to paperize. also i imagine most kids would outright DESPISE the sticker management aspect.

wall o text i know, but i do think despite its looks, this game is EXTREMELY un-kid-friendly.
#10-Zeke-Posted 2/25/2013 9:18:40 AM
A person I know has a 4 year old kid that's playing through the game, and has reached pretty far right now
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)