What is Mario's middle name?

#31SMASHKING84Posted 2/26/2013 2:16:28 AM
my theory on mario's full name is it's
mario "jumpman" video
because he was originally called mr video then jumpman,then he was finally changed to mario.

as for why it's called mario brothers it's because mario and his brother.
This is nothing against smb the movie(which i always felt was a pretty good movie,just not a MARIO movie) it doesn't matter anyways that movie said that as a throw a way joke,it wasn't serious.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,attack a horse,and razieru
#32AkaneJonesPosted 2/26/2013 2:29:33 AM
Bass_X0 posted...

Just look at his Donkey Kong screw-up. There, Donkey is his name rather than the type of animal he is.

That's not the screw up, they meant to name him Jackass Kong. It's just that they didn't realize Jackass and Donkey didn't have the same connotation in English slang. How's about Baka Kong, we could have gotten that instead. It's meant to mean Stupid Ape no matter what it was.
#33KGTriggerPosted 2/26/2013 11:15:06 AM
Bass_X0 posted...
KGTrigger posted...
Bass_X0 posted...
Its possible that in 1983, Miyamoto didn't know enough english to know what "Mario Bros." would mean to an english speaking person, and that it just sounded cool to the Japanese.

Just look at his Donkey Kong screw-up. There, Donkey is his name rather than the type of animal he is.

Yes, and that's why it's not his last name, even if you think it sounds like it is.

"One plus one equals three."

"No, its two."

"But I'm saying its three."

"Thats not how it works!"

"Its three because I say its three!"

I'm not sure why you would try to compare a japanese persons English to math. Upset that you have no idea what you're talking about?
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#34-Zeke-Posted 2/26/2013 11:33:53 AM(edited)
ITT: People taking this seriously
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)