i really want sticker star..

#11IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/25/2013 5:15:33 AM
Skip it, it is trash tier.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12lunchEATSyouPosted 2/25/2013 5:29:13 AM(edited)
I bought it for $20 and thought it was a good deal. Then again, SS is also my first Paper Mario game and I never played Mario RPG either.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#13JimmyMimpsonPosted 2/25/2013 5:24:01 AM
As a huge fan of Mario RPGs who actually liked SPM and Partners in Time, I hated this and couldn't finish it because I got bored to death at chapter 2.

Avoid.
---
"Thank God Bramble Blast is such an epic track or else I would be beating my kielbasa against a waffle iron by this point."-ResidentEvilKoala
#14MasterLink2012Posted 2/25/2013 5:49:31 AM
Buy it, it's awesome and super fun - Ignore all the Thousand Year Door fanboys, this game is not bad.

To be honest, I defintely prefer this game over Thousand Year Door.
#15shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:59:27 AM
MasterLink2012 posted...
Buy it, it's awesome and super fun - Ignore all the Thousand Year Door fanboys, this game is not bad.

im unsure, on one hand I just got to chapter 2 on ttyd and the constant txt and battling is getting a bit tedious.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#16IppynPosted 2/25/2013 7:23:12 AM
shaunme posted...
MasterLink2012 posted...

im unsure, on one hand I just got to chapter 2 on ttyd and the constant txt and battling is getting a bit tedious.

Just get Super Mario 3D Land and call it a day.
#17rahxephon122Posted 2/25/2013 7:26:35 AM
Just get whatever you want and call it a day.
I'll bet half the people saying "don't play it" never actually even played it.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#18Lord_FroodPosted 2/25/2013 7:28:10 AM
It's fun, a few people are just bashing it for being different and assuming different = bad. Is it as fun as the original PM? IMO, no, but it's still a good game. It focuses a bit more on exploration and collection than leveling up (there actually is no level system) and story. The story is played out in short little bursts that last like maybe 2 minutes tops in some chapters. Combat is interesting and they really play it up on the paper aspect (everything can fold, roll, be burnt, etc;).
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#19GenericName9Posted 2/25/2013 8:35:14 AM
It's a subjective thing, saying it's terrible is an opinion, saying it's great is an opinion. I think a lot of people need to remember that it's a subjective experience when they say it's awful in every PM thread that pops up.

but really though TC honestly I've noticed most people who have played and liked most previous PM games seem to HATE this one.

As an RPG I don't think it's a very good RPG game, as an adventure game with RPG elements(think Zelda-ish) I think it's pretty decent. It's all about your expectations, I have never played any of the previous PM's and I Loved it. Then again I don't have any other standard of comparison or any expectations. There is quite a few funny moments in the game, it's corny funny, but charming in it's own way, it made me smile quite a few times. A few of the characters succeeded in evoking pathos for them in me like Wiggler and some of the Toads. On the other hand it's HARD, some people have said you need a guide by default to make it through, that was not the case for me but I DID have some moments of ULTIMATE frustration in a few spots. Some puzzles just do not make any sense at all, but then once you realize that you start thinking out of the box and trying things you normally would'nt bother with. There's also a sticker collector museum in the game that's fun to complete and look at in the game which I guess could be counted as a sidequest.

With all that said, I still think if you've avidly played all the predecessors and want more of that you'll be mad. But if you want just a decent Mario adventure with RPG elements you might just enjoy it.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#20MasterLink2012Posted 2/25/2013 8:45:07 AM
shaunme posted...
MasterLink2012 posted...

Oh dear, is that your first Paper Mario game? If so, it's best to know that there are ALOT more dialogue in the sequals after TTYD..