Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Graphics Compairon video

#1duderdude3Posted 2/25/2013 6:27:11 AM
http://youtu.be/fpOVqWmNBC4

Damn, I didn't realize how close the 3DS one looks! It's practically identical
#2TheZuperHeroPosted 2/25/2013 6:31:54 AM
Looks pretty spot-on! Can't wait for this one.
---
Currently Playing: Unchained Blades, Fire Emblem, Denpa Men
3DS Info: Jake - 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add me, message to be added back!)
#3lunchEATSyouPosted 2/25/2013 6:33:59 AM
So is it wrong to say the the 3DS version is the superior version, since they are getting rid of the motion controls and look practically the same?
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#4duderdude3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:35:23 AM
I'd say so, only because that's more of a preference. I do wish it were an option in the Wii version though (even though I didn't mind the motion controls)

I just hope they add a few more things to the 3DS one
#5IHeartMetroidPosted 2/25/2013 6:54:17 AM
Think they'll fix the broken "stop in the middle of a pile of enemies" rolling?
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#6CSplitterPosted 2/25/2013 6:57:05 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Think they'll fix the broken "stop in the middle of a pile of enemies" rolling?

No fixing needed. Retro followed different roll mechanics and that's that. I can see why you like the previous roll mechanic but this one's levels were designed without that in mind. Just adding that would make no difference.
---
~.~
#7FourUp2358Posted 2/25/2013 7:37:01 AM
Is this game street dated yet?
---
PSN: FourUp2358
3DS:5455-9416-4577
#8IHeartMetroidPosted 2/25/2013 7:43:46 AM
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.
---
#9DarkHeroRavenPosted 2/25/2013 8:06:07 AM
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.

Okay, I agree with you on that the rolling mechanics could do with improving, but I don't think a "people like you" remark was really necessary :/
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#10IHeartMetroidPosted 2/25/2013 8:14:26 AM
DarkHeroRaven posted...

Okay, I agree with you on that the rolling mechanics could do with improving, but I don't think a "people like you" remark was really necessary :/

But it's true. Intractable complacency is damning when it comes to the one thing consumers can truly control about a company- its bottom line. When we have consumers who recieve a product with a distinct flaw, and when those consumers accept that flaw willingly and continue to shower the corporation with adoration, then the corporation has no impetus to change whatsoever, and will continue to make flaw after flaw after flaw.

Overly permissive company loyalty can be as bad for a corporation's health as anything.
---