Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Graphics Compairon video

#11nonexistingheroPosted 2/25/2013 8:16:17 AM
The Wii version seems to have better lighting, along with less jaggies. But outside of that, they look very similar. The 3D effect was good from what I noticed in the trailer on the 3DS and the lack of motion control is a plus for this game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#12stargazer64Posted 2/25/2013 8:53:59 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.

You are one of most obnoxious posters on Gamefaqs.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#13NeonYoshi11Posted 2/25/2013 9:43:43 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
So is it wrong to say the the 3DS version is the superior version, since they are getting rid of the motion controls and look practically the same?

No. anything without motion controllers IS the superior version. Just like with TP GC is the better version just for that fact alone.

Motion is fun for 20 minutes then it becomes tedious and annoying.

It's also less efficient.

Move your fingers like you would for a controller, now do the same motions for motion controls ?

Which took longer ? Which was more accurate and precise in terms of control and speed and pure efficiency.

The good old controller wins out every time.
#14HungoverHero777Posted 2/25/2013 9:45:29 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
So is it wrong to say the the 3DS version is the superior version, since they are getting rid of the motion controls and look practically the same?

Plus it's portable.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#15acman616Posted 2/25/2013 9:54:39 AM
Classic controller with DKCR on Wii was amazing at the time. Anyone else use that patch?
---
Painted NES <3: http://i.imgur.com/iCbZl.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#16GameGrumpsPosted 2/25/2013 10:05:55 AM
acman616 posted...
Classic controller with DKCR on Wii was amazing at the time. Anyone else use that patch?

link to the text or .gct file plz
#17nonexistingheroPosted 2/25/2013 10:07:25 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

No. anything without motion controllers IS the superior version. Just like with TP GC is the better version just for that fact alone.

Motion is fun for 20 minutes then it becomes tedious and annoying.

It's also less efficient.

Move your fingers like you would for a controller, now do the same motions for motion controls ?

Which took longer ? Which was more accurate and precise in terms of control and speed and pure efficiency.

The good old controller wins out every time.

False, motion controls work much better than a controller for some types of games. Same goes for a touch-screen. All popular methods of control have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Believing that gaming with a controller is always superior doesn't make you an elite. It just makes you ignorant.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18acman616Posted 2/25/2013 10:10:09 AM
acman616 posted...

link

Don't got one, but I think I found it on the GBA boards one time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IN4JL.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#19SagadegoPosted 2/25/2013 10:15:44 AM
stargazer64 posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.

You are one of most obnoxious posters on Gamefaqs.

this i agree with.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#20WetterdewPosted 2/25/2013 10:29:30 AM
It looks close to the Wii version but has some differences in lighting and a few other effects. And of course, the most noticeable difference is the lack of anti-aliasing.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.