Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Graphics Compairon video

#41IHeartMetroidPosted 2/26/2013 12:09:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42IHeartMetroidPosted 2/26/2013 12:14:16 AM
"I'll assume you have a backstory with this issue."

I have a low tolerance for stupid people, especially when they band together to defend a completely idiotic thing, like a broken piece of game design. "But... but they MADE it that way!" is not a valid defense, except for idiotic manchildren who curl up every night in their Mario sheets and feel that everything Nintendo does is infallible.

See, that's the thing- morons like that, who come on here and spew stupid crap like that, are as detrimental to Nintendo as a natural disaster, especially if anyone at all listens to them.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#43ss4gogeta_darkPosted 2/26/2013 12:22:19 AM
Wii side looks worse to me. Wii looks more blurred in many places too.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#44SPDShadowRangerPosted 2/26/2013 12:31:05 AM
They do look similar, but for some reason 3DS trailers always looks worse compared to the actual game so come this summer we will really see the difference. Man I can't wait to have this on a handheld.
#45SpaceDesperadoPosted 2/26/2013 1:56:00 AM
stargazer64 posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.

You are one of most obnoxious posters on Gamefaqs.

Good thing I dont see most of his posts unless someone quotes him.

Seriously metroid's arguement is pretty useless anyway.

How about the way retro implemented it means there is strategy and timing involved? Or that it actually makes sense for the physics to be more realistic instead of the other way around.

All metroid's complaining about is sucking at the game and being used to the 'good old days'.
#46OoSubaruoOPosted 2/26/2013 2:01:27 AM
stargazer64 posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No fixing needed"

I'm sorry, but that's just plain the worst, most pathetic reasoning for accepting a broken gameplay mechanic EVER.

Seriously, there is a REASON why Rare implemented the roll mechanic the way they did. When you roll in front of a group of enemies, to have the game programmed to have the character simply unfold in the middle of the group and then get hit is JUST BAD GAMEPLAY. It would be as if in Mario, when you jumped off an enemy, then the second bounce would kill you. Rare implemented the tiny "roll add" every time you hit an enemy to prevent it.

People like you are the reason why bad game designers keep getting a pass to keep on making the idiotic mistakes in game design that they do.

Good god.

It took you this long to notice this?
#47IHeartMetroidPosted 2/26/2013 2:09:04 AM
"Seriously metroid's arguement is pretty useless anyway."

See, folks, this fellow right here is precisely the kind of Nintendo-lovin apologist I was exactly talking about!

Notice his distinct lack of intelligence in his argument. His piss poor spelling and bad grammar. His inability to create any sort of a cogent point beyond "Darggghgghfldlr YOUz SUCKS at the games darrr".

It's exaclty the kind of person that hangs around, say, the Metroid Other M forums to defend the glitches and invisible walls. Or that will proclaim Wii Music as a masterpiece.

It's a sycophantic obsession with Nintendo that requires them to essentially latch onto everything Nintendo is associated with and ensure that, even when the worst game design decisions are put forward, that their little voice pipes up into the wind and insanely defends them with all their might.

But, unfortunately, it's that kind of fanatical obsession that has turned Nintendo from the company it was during the SNES (where quality reigned and third parties made sure their games were good enough for Nintendo's standards) into what we see today, where games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 are given a collective "meh" by the general populace.

I consider myself to be a Nintendo fan. I've been gaming for longer than most people here have even been alive- I even own a Nintendo TV Game 6. But as someone who knows what can happen to a company when arrogance tells it that it can do know wrong, I understand only too well that a single slip can be the difference between a billion dollars in profit and a billion dollars in loss.

Just ask Atari. They were the kings- and then they got complacent. Their costly fall almost took out the entire gaming industry.

I would caution the Mario-blanketed, obsessed, bad-gameplay apologists to understand that covering up for mistakes will do nothing positive at all for anyone involved- neither in the long run nor the short.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#48CSplitterPosted 2/26/2013 6:05:41 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Seriously metroid's arguement is pretty useless anyway."

See, folks, this fellow right here is precisely the kind of Nintendo-lovin apologist I was exactly talking about!

Notice his distinct lack of intelligence in his argument. His piss poor spelling and bad grammar. His inability to create any sort of a cogent point beyond "Darggghgghfldlr YOUz SUCKS at the games darrr".

It's exaclty the kind of person that hangs around, say, the Metroid Other M forums to defend the glitches and invisible walls. Or that will proclaim Wii Music as a masterpiece.

It's a sycophantic obsession with Nintendo that requires them to essentially latch onto everything Nintendo is associated with and ensure that, even when the worst game design decisions are put forward, that their little voice pipes up into the wind and insanely defends them with all their might.

But, unfortunately, it's that kind of fanatical obsession that has turned Nintendo from the company it was during the SNES (where quality reigned and third parties made sure their games were good enough for Nintendo's standards) into what we see today, where games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 are given a collective "meh" by the general populace.

I consider myself to be a Nintendo fan. I've been gaming for longer than most people here have even been alive- I even own a Nintendo TV Game 6. But as someone who knows what can happen to a company when arrogance tells it that it can do know wrong, I understand only too well that a single slip can be the difference between a billion dollars in profit and a billion dollars in loss.

Just ask Atari. They were the kings- and then they got complacent. Their costly fall almost took out the entire gaming industry.

I would caution the Mario-blanketed, obsessed, bad-gameplay apologists to understand that covering up for mistakes will do nothing positive at all for anyone involved- neither in the long run nor the short.

I'm not arguing with that. You're just making your argument difficult to get through to the non-Nintendo obsessed people.

I was at the Other M board at launch and I saw people defending the most idiotic things. Hell, I'm still arguing about that in ever other Metroid topic on the Wii U board. It made me realise there is no getting through to some people and that aggresion in posting style can actually put off other who may very well share your thoughts.
---
~.~
#49CSplitterPosted 2/26/2013 6:10:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50stargazer64Posted 2/26/2013 6:41:14 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
stargazer64 posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No fixing needed"

Good god.

It took you this long to notice this?

No, not at all. I just like to point it out every once in a while when he reveals himself as the little brat he is.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411