Fire Emblem Awakening came in, do you think it will be worth $44-46 for me?

#1PuddingchanPosted 2/25/2013 8:36:37 AM
I have a decision to make right now as I will be collecting stuff in about 8-9 hours, so I really need a few second opinions here.

My store had Fire Emblem Awakening in and a copy had been reserved for me, but I have half a mind to let someone else have it instead.

Firstly, I'm not an impulse buyer and usually do my research before buying something. I really like the Fire Emblem series, but here's my situation. I won't have time to play the game immediately as I have a couple of things to prepare for over the next few weeks or so. I do not feel the need to have it right away, but will like to have access to it eventually. I don't care about the free/discounted DLC or bonus points right now, since I might still be buying them later if I do.

I'm also half-thinking of waiting to see if anyone would be letting go of their used copy of this game later on, since I do feel the pinch of such a pricey game, even when I can afford it. I also get the feeling that this is a sort of game that people would either be eventually bored of, or tired of buying DLC items because the overall cost of the game will end up to be extremely expensive.

My other issue is that it will not come with Nintendo club points, yet I'm paying the same amount for the item. I can't easily shake off my gut feeling that it is slightly overpriced for one, especially for an item without a Nintendo club point card.

I don't have many other options, except for Play-Asia which may ship them out later and also will probably have the Club Nintendo code inside. Which I was considering if I am not getting the game at this moment.

Do you all think I should hold off the purchase until later, or get it right now?
#2Deimos259Posted 2/25/2013 8:38:43 AM
Just buy it
---
http://i.imgur.com/I3AP5H2.jpg
#3SkyminxyzPosted 2/25/2013 8:58:57 AM
Eh, it really depends if you feel like waiting a year for it to finally lower in price, like Tales of Abyss did.

Personally I'm waiting till probably August for it to lower, and if not by then I'll just snag it. Because there's too much stuff in March for me to worry about it for now.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#4IamPeanutButterPosted 2/25/2013 9:01:29 AM
Buy it while you still can. Seems supplies are quickly diminishing most everywhere. Stores I've seen that do actually carry the game have them in very small quantities (3-4 copies). Also, on Amazon, it's availability status is "Temporarily out of stock," and they've JUST had the game in stock less than three days ago!

#5Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:57:07 AM
IamPeanutButter posted...
Buy it while you still can. Seems supplies are quickly diminishing most everywhere. Stores I've seen that do actually carry the game have them in very small quantities (3-4 copies). Also, on Amazon, it's availability status is "Temporarily out of stock," and they've JUST had the game in stock less than three days ago!

Alright, I think that's enough reason to consider holding on my reserved copy for a while. Maybe I'll just get it tomorrow, but I still will want to hear out others for their opinions on this.

Skyminxyz posted...
Eh, it really depends if you feel like waiting a year for it to finally lower in price, like Tales of Abyss did.

Personally I'm waiting till probably August for it to lower, and if not by then I'll just snag it. Because there's too much stuff in March for me to worry about it for now.

Many places on eBay stock the game at exorbitant prices though, and then Nintendo saying that they will print more copies, yet limiting the stock distribution for the physical copy of the game. Right now, I am confused to know what will happen, but given that Nintendo may be deliberately not printing many copies, and the option for digital copies will be floating around, the price drop might not be very great. I was thinking if it would go up instead. That will depend on how many more copies Nintendo will print.

I also heard that stocks are running out fast here, but new shipment would arrive in March 2013. So it seems that they are in the process of printing out more, just that they would arrive late and not in time for free or discounted DLC + bonus Nintendo Club points promotion.
#6Biskmatar100Posted 2/25/2013 10:59:56 AM
IMO, you should get the game to not have to worry about getting a physical copy later on. The game's value won't be dropping due to it being a Nintendo game. The game seems to be having a limited print run issue, despite what Nintendo is saying (Walked into a couple stores like Best Buy and Walmart recently to see if they did have it in stock; they didn't). I already put 25 hours into it nonstop, excluding the time I soft-resetted (You can probably add an additional 5 hours just for that). The game is filled to the brim with dialogue and content that you'll want to keep experimenting with the Support system for at least 3 playthroughs. I highly recommend picking it up; it's my favorite game of Q1 2013 so far.
---
PSN/SteamID-Biskmatar100
Video Game Blog-jumpygamer.tumblr.com
#7zavlinzPosted 2/25/2013 11:29:09 AM
If you like the idea of getting a used copy then its probably not a bad idea to wait. Supplies are low right this second, but that will change.
#8Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/25/2013 11:31:40 AM
The first rule of niche series is that prices hardly ever go down.
#9ss4gogeta_darkPosted 2/25/2013 11:35:53 AM
IMO just get the download version. Its 2013, physical copies are only worth buying for limited editions. Of course, if you're one of them who trades games in, it may be in your interest for physical copies, but you get so little for what you originally payed. Gamestop will give you 15 bucks and sell it for 35 used.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/25/2013 11:41:39 AM
Buy it.
And I just looked in my copy and there's club nintendo points.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT