Is there going to be a re-release of Metal Gear Solid 3DS?

#1IHeartMetroidPosted 2/26/2013 2:34:33 AM(edited)
So I'm troddling around GameFAQs, and one of those full screen surround ads fills the periphery of the page. You know the ones- they usually advertise some upcoming game. Most of the time I hate the games they advertise and ignore them.

But this time it showed a very young looking snake- young like he was in Metal Gear Solid 3, without the eyepatch or anything.

Has anyone else seen this?

Does this mean that 3 is being re-released on 3DS? Does anyone else know what they're advertising? There's nothing on the ad to click for more information at all.

I took a screenshot of the ad. It's very odd...

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9577/whatisthisc.jpg
#2barnabyjones786Posted 2/26/2013 2:38:26 AM
Thats just naked snake before he got his eye patch

no re-release here..
---
Nintendo Network I.D. - BarnabyJones786
3DS FC - 2578-3111-6145
#3IHeartMetroid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:44:00 AM(edited)
"Thats just naked snake before he got his eye patch"

Yes, this I know.

The question is about the mysterious unlabeled, unclickable ad featuring said eyepatchless Snake. Why would this ad be popping up, now of all times, and for what reason? GameFAQs full screen ads are usually for upcoming games, or soon to be released ones.

If it was for the ages-old MGS HD Collection, wouldn't it have allowed for the ability to at least click it to purchase the title (even though I already own it, of course)?

---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#4Bikes-Posted 2/26/2013 6:11:59 AM
You know 3 is already on the 3DS already right?
And as far as new releases that hack and slash game came out recently, dunno if it's related to that (I only known that it's about Raiden). It's probably for the 3ds version since they had nothing better to advertise atm.
#5IHeartMetroid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 6:47:07 AM
"You know 3 is already on the 3DS already right?"

Yes, I do indeed.

I have seen MG Rising mentioned, which is odd to me because from what I recall that game takes place after MGS2, which means that there shouldn't be a young, patchless Big Boss running around.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#6KGTriggerPosted 2/26/2013 12:04:15 PM
I don't get why those guys thought it would be a good idea to just point out the obvious.

I'm curious about it too, TC. Is it just about MGS3? Peace Walker?! Or just a mistake?
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#7chestershadowPosted 2/26/2013 12:27:25 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Thats just naked snake before he got his eye patch"

Yes, this I know.

The question is about the mysterious unlabeled, unclickable ad featuring said eyepatchless Snake. Why would this ad be popping up, now of all times, and for what reason? GameFAQs full screen ads are usually for upcoming games, or soon to be released ones.

If it was for the ages-old MGS HD Collection, wouldn't it have allowed for the ability to at least click it to purchase the title (even though I already own it, of course)?

Two to three days ago, I saw an ad in a similar location telling me far cry 3 was coming out in winter 2012 and to preorder it. I bought the game about 2 months ago. Go figure, maybe a weird glitch happened where a few old ads got put back up?
#8TakayaNorikoPosted 2/26/2013 1:07:36 PM
Maybe Snake was just sneaking around. He does that sometimes.
---
Before you came, they were took care of it.
#9GuitarJozzPosted 2/26/2013 8:00:16 PM
TakayaNoriko posted...
Maybe Snake was just sneaking around. He does that sometimes.

Haha. My money's on it being a glitch in GameFAQ's system.