Anyone one else tired of the Mario franchise?

#51GhostMaker1988Posted 2/28/2013 9:42:54 AM
Yes, I'm tired of anything not named "Mario & Luigi".
#52SMASHKING84Posted 2/28/2013 4:21:52 PM
Watt64 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Delirious_Beard posted...
People actually using "It's okay for it to be a rehash because it's supposed to be" as a defense for NSMB. I have no words.

because every game that isn't a genre buster is automatically a rehash,that's why.

The reasons NSMB2 is a rehash are:

-it rehashes music
-it rehashes character models
-it rehashes level gimmicks
-it rehashes bosses
-it rehashes world themes

Don't try to say that people think NSMB2 is rehash because it doesn't drastically change the Mario formula. It's a rehash because it copy-and-pastes so much stuff!

name one mario game that rehashes nothing.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#53yabPosted 2/28/2013 4:28:28 PM
NSMB yeah. Other Mario games are ok.
---
#54Delirious_BeardPosted 2/28/2013 5:01:22 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Watt64 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Delirious_Beard posted...
People actually using "It's okay for it to be a rehash because it's supposed to be" as a defense for NSMB. I have no words.

because every game that isn't a genre buster is automatically a rehash,that's why.

The reasons NSMB2 is a rehash are:

-it rehashes music
-it rehashes character models
-it rehashes level gimmicks
-it rehashes bosses
-it rehashes world themes

Don't try to say that people think NSMB2 is rehash because it doesn't drastically change the Mario formula. It's a rehash because it copy-and-pastes so much stuff!

name one mario game that rehashes nothing.

Sure. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario RPG

There's 6
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif
#55SMASHKING84Posted 2/28/2013 5:49:25 PM
Sure. Super Mario 64
the plot,some of the levels(not a lot),and a flight power up just to name a couple
Super Mario Sunshine the music in secert stages,red coin missions from mario 64(Taken to the extreme),some of the bosses from m64

Super Mario Galaxy if you cannot honestly see the similarities between this and mario 64 i feel bad for you especially when it's essentially mario 64 in space
Paper Mario this is one of the worst examples the plot is the same with one twist,the world themes are mostly the same(grass,desert,island/volcano,ice,bowser's castle) many of the bosses are just slightly better versions of standard enemies(koopa bros,general guy,fire piranha plant,and huff n puff*)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga&Super Mario RPG i'll come back these two later.

Sorry but reusing elements makes a game a rehash according to your own logic. it doesn't matter how extreme nsmb2 does it because 1.it's been 28 years or so they cannot come up with 100% new ideas all the time.
2.games like NSMB2 are only considered rehashes because there newer if this game came out right after smb 1 then everything else relased after it it wouldn't be considered a rehash.
3.you definition of rehash fits all sequels in one way or another.
4.smb lost levels IS NEVER called a rehash by anyone but me yet it's literally a mission pack sequel.
5.nsmb series is considered a reboot
6.nsmb ds was called a rehash when it came out but yet now it's not? fail
7.same with 3dland

let's look at super mario world
-new levels
-new bosses but they constantly repeat
-no new power ups(yoshi is not a power up)
-yoshi
-new music
-new enemies some of which like rex was a reskined goomba that takes two hits.

nsmb 2
-1 new power up let's not b.s here if hammer bro suit is considered a new power up when it all it is a stronger fireball then gold flower is new.
2.new levels with new themes(cannon levels in example)
3.no new bosses but each boss(except reznor and the second bowser fight) is different from the last unlike world
4.coin rush idc how much you hate it was a new gameplay mode something even the most unique mario games usally lack(nsmbwii is an exception)
5.new enemies but most are powered up old enemies
6.the assist feature in this game let's you go back and beat the level to get shiny stars(which it should be in case you lend your copy to a sibbling) which is different enough from other help features.
7. many people have said that bowser is just a vertical version of nsmb wii final boss. but let's look at this:
smb every boss was defeated the same
smb ll same as above
smb 2 us every boss is defeated by throwing things.
smb3 every koopaling fight is essentially the same making only the first one unique. bowser was unique fight but then there's boom boom which falls under the first is unique but the rest aren't

smw half of the bosses were repeats of earlier bosses,better then smb3 but still far from fresh
64-sm64 the only boss fights i can think of that repeats is bowser
skipping to nsmbds

again like sm64 there weren't many repeats
nsmbwii i cannot remember the bosses but i heard they were unique
sm3dland every boss is basically the same

nsmb 2 each koopaling is different(but apparently these fights are similar to nsmbwii's)
but at least you fighting more then JUST bowser's "family"

i could go on because unlike this site i actually NOTICE what games do and don't add. instead of saying one sweeping statement that reusing elements is rehashing,when all sequels do it to SOME Extent.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#56Steven010702Posted 2/28/2013 6:02:00 PM
Nope; I still enjoy the mario franchise a lot. The only ones I might be tired of is the NSMB series, but that's probably just because we got two recently.

I especially enjoy:

-Mario Party(while I still don't think it's a good as it was; it is still a great local party game)

-Mario Kart(enjoyed every version that I've played)

-Mario Tennis(while the online sucks/wasn't balanced, I probably put more hours in that game than any of my other 3ds games)

-SSB( almost always my favorite game of a generation if you count this)

Mario & Luigi( always fun)

as for the others

-Paper Mario-(can't comment, haven't played it since the n64)

-Mario and Sonic Olympics(haven't played)

-3d Mario game(I enjoy them, but probably like the 2d versions a bit more)

Heck, I even enjoyed playing Mario's Time Machine as a kid. I'm also looking foward to Mario Golf
---
I lost the game!
#57Delirious_BeardPosted 2/28/2013 6:02:11 PM
Jesus Christ.
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif