Question regarding eShop

#1RevoredoPosted 2/26/2013 8:30:17 AM
I've been wondering... in PSN, your purchases are tied to your account. But let's say I bought a few games from the eShop, but eventually I decide to sell my 3DS to purchase a newer model. Can I carry on the items I bought to the new 3DS or are they permanently tied to my older model?
---
Playing now: Final Fantasy XIII
Not a bad game, really.
#2Negatis_RiderPosted 2/26/2013 8:38:22 AM
You can do a system trasnfer.
---
3DS FC: 2578 - 3191 - 6757
#3Revoredo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:24:32 AM
Thanks a lot, that's great to know.
---
Playing now: Final Fantasy XIII
Not a bad game, really.
#490sRetroGamingPosted 2/26/2013 10:41:38 AM
Revoredo posted...
Thanks a lot, that's great to know.

Except you need both systems at the same time and you're only allowed 5 transfers. it's not really that great to know to be honest. the eShop has no actual user account unlike PSN and XBLA which is stupid...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#5xellos667Posted 2/26/2013 10:47:14 AM
An account system will surely eventually come out during the 3DS lifespan, once they have done it at 100% with the WiiU, so I wouldn't hold on buying eShop games just because of that. Quite realistically, have you really bought 5 iterations of the same system (except collector edition, just for collecting purpose) in the lifetime of said system? Ever since the NES, I have yet to buy more than 2 of the same consoles in one generation. But maybe that's just me.
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#690sRetroGamingPosted 2/26/2013 11:06:38 AM
xellos667 posted...
An account system will surely eventually come out during the 3DS lifespan, once they have done it at 100% with the WiiU, so I wouldn't hold on buying eShop games just because of that. Quite realistically, have you really bought 5 iterations of the same system (except collector edition, just for collecting purpose) in the lifetime of said system? Ever since the NES, I have yet to buy more than 2 of the same consoles in one generation. But maybe that's just me.

I have not. my point is there should be no system transfers and limits in the first place. one sole account and be done with it. 3DS breaks, get's stolen or wants to sell it/trade it in:

1. Sign into your Nintendo Network I.D from PC, Smartphone or any other moble device.

2. Deauthorize your account from said 3DS system.

3. Buy new 3DS (XL for example).

4. Login to eShop on new 3DS/3DS XL with Nintendo Network I.D.

5. Reauthorize account on new 3DS/3DS XL.

6. Redownload all prior purchases from account to new 3DS/3DS XL.

7. Play.

8. Piece of mind.

9. Happy.

Seriously, let's get with the times shall we Nintendo?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#7xellos667Posted 2/26/2013 11:25:12 AM(edited)
I agree that Nintendo is lagging behind when it comes to the whole account concept (even on the Wii U right now, your Nintendo Network ID is tied to your system. WHAT'S THE POINT????). But I believe they will get there during this generation (finally), including the 3DS. But until then, I understand why the limitation for transfert, so that you avoid unlimited sharing of your digital games between people. Also about your system being stolen/broken/lost, again, maybe that's just me, but I'm 30 years old now, and I have yet to experiment any one of those. I know those kind of things may happen, so I won't talk too fast in fear of seeing fate turn against me, but I strongly believe that a real account system will be in place before anything ever happen to my 3DS. So again, while Nintendo really need to work on this fast, I don't think people should hold on buying digital games just because they fear that something that surely never happen to them before may happen just now. My 5+ years old Wii still have all its VC/WiiWare games tied on it, and is working just fine.
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku