How rare will Fire Emblem get?

#11VerkinsPosted 2/26/2013 4:57:16 PM
It'll be rare over time just like the other Fire Emblem games.
#12OoSubaruoOPosted 2/26/2013 4:59:17 PM
I doubt it, Awakening is on the eShop. Meaning, anyone who's smart enough, and doesn't want to waste $50+ later on down the road will buy it off of there.
#13TinyTim123Posted 2/26/2013 5:52:38 PM
While on my way to drop my 3DS off for warranty repair, I picked up the last copy for a couple of weeks at my Local Independent Video Game Store. James had it set aside for someone else, bu sold it to me after I asked about it (and because I have prepaid for Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, two copies of Animal Crossing, and Rune Factory 4). It seems like his distributor is out, and doesn't know when more will come in so there's that.
I needed a physical copy so that I may share it out with my brother. It's not like we can both play a digital game on my 3DS, unlike how we can both play a game on the Vita as we have the same PSN.
So I think EVENTUALLY it won't be rare, but for now, it is just a little bit.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#14NettoSaitoPosted 2/26/2013 6:47:29 PM
Well, its possible that the hard copy will become rare one day, but it really depends how many copies Nintendo wants to send out. Either way you look at it though, Fire Emblem Awakening will really shoot up in price as the years go on; especially if you have an unopened copy.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#15GenericName9Posted 2/26/2013 6:55:23 PM
It's rare right now if you know the right areas. The local Wal-Mart in my town sold out the first day, here we are weeks later and no re-supply yet. There's people in my town here at least who'd pay double to have an actual physical cart. Besides that if you can't unload before places get new shipments, you'll probably have to wait until the next Nintendo handheld comes and 3DS games in general become scarse, which may be a very long time especially if the next system is backward compatible.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#16UiruPosted 2/26/2013 9:49:42 PM
Existence of a digital copy does not hinder physical sales. Ogre Battle for SNES is $120 cart only on eBay right now. VC is $8. Anyone with half a brain knows which way they should go there.

But, collectors gonna collect. They know they're paying premiums, they don't care. I prefer to make money selling my carts and redownloading.
---
~Uiru