Would anyone pick normal 3ds over the larger version?

#1thanthenPosted 2/26/2013 4:05:14 PM
if so why? Can't decide which one to get.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#2REMercsChampPosted 2/26/2013 4:06:26 PM
Probably not, but I'm sure many of us that have the original find it hard to justify purchasing it again for a bigger screen, me included.
#3DSplayer50Posted 2/26/2013 4:30:11 PM
I agree. I like my small one and I like having the ability to fit it in my pocket bookbag without it being seen. I don't see the point of getting a bigger screen. Battery is the only reason why I'd want a XL
---
GT=AlreadySoCold 3DS Nik-1977-0647-5232
I'd do anything for Clementine.
#4NeonYoshi11Posted 2/26/2013 4:46:41 PM
Colors maybe.

I still have a Cosmo Black 3DS that I love, but I'll get an XL to play Smash Brothers on. It will just be easier to track all the chaos on a bigger screen.

I'm not buying one until the release a color or special edition I am interested in though,

Instead of shipping 1 million Red & 1 million Blue.....

...why not just just ship 8 different colors but less of each of them obviously.

I think it would actually sell even better.
#5WiiFan77Posted 2/26/2013 4:56:29 PM
I would. A game with perfectly fine graphics on the normal 3DS may look like a big pixely mess on the XL.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6Spiffy247Posted 2/26/2013 5:01:23 PM(edited)
The 3DS is a system that I honestly prefer in a smaller version. It just works better for me, it's easier to carry around, the screen is sharper, and I prefer the overall look of the classic 3DS. I won't say the XL is worse, it just doesn't as much appeal to me. It's why Nintendo still sells the original 3DS. There are people with similar opinions out there.
edit: And I bought 3DSes for my brother and sister, and the wanted the smaller systems. My other sister is getting one, and has a similar preference.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#7Second_ChancesPosted 2/26/2013 5:01:29 PM
1) The original 3DS is thirty bucks cheaper than the XL.
2) Screen is smaller on the original, and thus the image looks more "seamless".
3) The XL doesn't really have many noteworthy improvements in my opinion except better shoulder buttons and D-Pad.
4) If you live in Europe or Japan, the XL doesn't come with a charger, so if you never had a DSi you're out up to another ten smackers on top of the thirty more than the regular, which right there is enough to buy a game with the original, which does come with a charger. America and Australia get chargers with their systems because both NoA's had moments of clarity for once.
#8iMURDAuPosted 2/26/2013 5:02:15 PM
Price. I got a 3D Land bundle for $20 less than an XL was going for at the time.

Size. I know some people don't have any issues with fitting an XL in their pocket but I use carrying cases with my handhelds. XL + case = no pocket. And I wear baggy pants at all times.

Some people say there is more pixelation with an XL. I've only played a demo XL for a few minutes so I didn't really notice a difference. I've also read on this board that the speakers on the XL are kind of weak. I know the speakers are strong on the regular one.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#9firestorm9305Posted 2/26/2013 7:31:17 PM
I can get a used regular 3ds from someone that takes really good care of his stuff. It is the 3ds with circle pad and super mario land 3d all for $100. Is this a good deal or should I try to get the 3ds xl later on?
---
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!
#10MereMarePosted 2/27/2013 2:08:23 AM
I did. Got a 3D Land bundle. Should have gone with midnight purple but oh well.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.