The graphics on luigi's mansion look so good

#1FlyinTonitePosted 2/26/2013 10:18:38 PM
At first, I was a bit turned off by the brighter palatte, but damn does this game look great. The levels all look so unique and the mansions feel so much more alive. I've just finished a run through of the original luigi's mansion, graphically it's still very pretty but the artstyle is just kind of bleh in comparison to what they have cooked up for the sequel.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2servant_saber28Posted 2/26/2013 10:22:48 PM
At first, I thought it looked terrible. Especially the framerate.

But the recent videos have been looking really nice, and I think the framerate is less... jittery.
---
"They're grill virgins. But by the time this day is over, they'll have been taken by the grill and tenderly shown the ways of flavorful meat love"
#3robinhoekPosted 2/26/2013 10:22:52 PM
The first Luigi's Mansion had the perfect atmosphere. It had the charm of a Mario game but it had an actual level of creepiness to its atmosphere and ghosts. I'm hopeful that the new game can match it but the screenshots are not doing it justice if it does.
#4NeonYoshi11Posted 2/26/2013 10:35:15 PM
servant_saber28 posted...
At first, I thought it looked terrible. Especially the framerate.

But the recent videos have been looking really nice, and I think the framerate is less... jittery.

Same here, but that is because most of the videos are showing it to us bigger than it will actually be on the screen your playing.

So it will look sharper on a regular 3DS for sure and probably an XL as well compared to videos.

I wasn't hyped for this game and never played the first one.

I'm not into spooky mansions and ghosts and I usually hate all the Mario Boo levels but this game actually looks kind of fun and having what is essentially Ghost Busters as your multiplayer mode is awesome as well.

I'm going to wait and see how it is before buying but it's def on my radar now.