Is old 3DS still usable after system transfer?

#1Fr33zPosted 2/27/2013 11:51:20 PM
My cousin has an Ambassador 3DS but she never plays the games so shes willing to transfer them over to my XL with the System Transfer but shes worried that her 3DS wont be usable afterwords. I just wanna clarify that this is not the case and she can continue to play her games(shes not worried about her saves) after the fact?
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#2Baha05Posted 2/27/2013 11:53:19 PM
Of course it's still usable
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:55:40 PM
Baha05 posted...

Alright just wanted to make sure. I can still keep all my save data on my XL after the transfer though right?
---
#4Starwars4JPosted 2/27/2013 11:56:53 PM
Fr33z posted...
Baha05 posted...

Alright just wanted to make sure. I can still keep all my save data on my XL after the transfer though right?

Digital save data saves to the SD card and is transferable with the system transfer. Physical game save data saves to the cart and can be used on any 3DS.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:58:32 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Fr33z posted...
Baha05 posted...

Digital save data saves to the SD card and is transferable with the system transfer. Physical game save data saves to the cart and can be used on any 3DS.

Perfect. Thanks guys thats all I needed to know.
---
#6SerenityIVPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:49 PM
I have a question that pertains to this then.. I recently got a 3DS XL and transferred my old data from the 3DS to the XL. The SD card from my old 3DS has the data such as the download of Link's Awakening (the whole file, not just the saved data). The only way I can play it now, is if I put my old 3DS SD card into my XL. How do I save it to my XL so I can keep the old SD card in my old 3DS? I want to be able to use my bigger SD card on the XL.
---
Is it that I'm not supposed to exist? - Xion
#7WiiareVenomPosted 2/28/2013 12:00:45 AM
Fr33z posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Fr33z posted...
Baha05 posted...

Use a computer to copy the data onto the other SD card.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#8Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:01:25 AM
SerenityIV posted...
I have a question that pertains to this then.. I recently got a 3DS XL and transferred my old data from the 3DS to the XL. The SD card from my old 3DS has the data such as the download of Link's Awakening (the whole file, not just the saved data). The only way I can play it now, is if I put my old 3DS SD card into my XL. How do I save it to my XL so I can keep the old SD card in my old 3DS? I want to be able to use my bigger SD card on the XL.

You need an SD Card reader or a computer/laptop that has one built in. Basically insert the first SD card with Links Awakening into the computer. Copy the files onto the computer. Put the other SD card in. Transfer the files from the computer to the new card.
---
#9WiiareVenomPosted 2/28/2013 12:01:26 AM
WiiareVenom posted...
Fr33z posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Fr33z posted...
Baha05 posted...

Use a computer to copy the data onto the other SD card.

That is to say, copy the data onto a computer, then copy it from there onto another sd card.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#10Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:04:11 AM
Actually I do have one more question. Im looking at the sticky and it says Mii characters and such get transfered over. Does that mean my current Mii character/Plaza Mii's will be overwritten by hers?
---