Is old 3DS still usable after system transfer?

#11TinyTim123Posted 2/27/2013 11:12:07 PM
Fr33z posted...
Actually I do have one more question. Im looking at the sticky and it says Mii characters and such get transfered over. Does that mean my current Mii character/Plaza Mii's will be overwritten by hers?

Yes. Her system will be like a new system, with all of her friend codes gone and on your system, and all of your Miis and friend codes (including your own) will just be gone.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#12SerenityIVPosted 2/27/2013 11:24:23 PM
Fr33z posted...
SerenityIV posted...
I have a question that pertains to this then.. I recently got a 3DS XL and transferred my old data from the 3DS to the XL. The SD card from my old 3DS has the data such as the download of Link's Awakening (the whole file, not just the saved data). The only way I can play it now, is if I put my old 3DS SD card into my XL. How do I save it to my XL so I can keep the old SD card in my old 3DS? I want to be able to use my bigger SD card on the XL.

You need an SD Card reader or a computer/laptop that has one built in. Basically insert the first SD card with Links Awakening into the computer. Copy the files onto the computer. Put the other SD card in. Transfer the files from the computer to the new card.

I figured it was that easy.. My issue is that my laptop doesn't have a card reader, and was just seeing if there was another way, haha. I'll just use the school's. Thanks!
---
Is it that I'm not supposed to exist? - Xion
#13Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:27:23 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Fr33z posted...
Actually I do have one more question. Im looking at the sticky and it says Mii characters and such get transfered over. Does that mean my current Mii character/Plaza Mii's will be overwritten by hers?

Yes. Her system will be like a new system, with all of her friend codes gone and on your system, and all of your Miis and friend codes (including your own) will just be gone.

Ahh dang, So i'd have to edit her Mii and Account info to fit mine then huh? Not too worried about the FC as I only have one friend registered and I've been streetpassing all the same people at my school so it shouldn't be a hassle getting them all over again. I just want the Ambassador games so this'll be worth it.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS