So... why would Nintendo NOT save SD card data in repairs?

#1crimsonclaw111Posted 2/27/2013 11:07:08 PM
I was speaking to a rep who told me the SD card is needed during repairs. She told me that saves and other data may be erased during repair. My question is, why? Unless the SD card destroyed the NAND, I don't see what could be such a huge issue.

Has anybody here lost there SD card data after repairs?
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#2Starwars4JPosted 2/27/2013 11:12:28 PM
I guess it depends for what reason you send your 3DS in? When I sent mine in they told me specifically to remove the SD card and stylus.

Regardless though if they're telling you this in advance you can just back it up to a computer in case they are actually correct.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3crimsonclaw111(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:15:06 PM
Starwars4J posted...
I guess it depends for what reason you send your 3DS in? When I sent mine in they told me specifically to remove the SD card and stylus.

Regardless though if they're telling you this in advance you can just back it up to a computer in case they are actually correct.

Yea, I'm not sure on this tbh. I just don't want to lose my MK7 save and progress (what a grind). The only reason I'm considering sending it in is due to the bottom screen scratching the top one on my XL. Worst comes to worst, they send my system back unserviced.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#4dctcoolPosted 2/28/2013 12:12:11 AM
I sent in my 3DS last year to get repaired and the saves were still intact. Also your Mario Kart save data saves onto the Game Card not the SD so the save data will be ok, I have 2 3DS I checked.

Unless of course you're using a digital download version of the game, that data is stored on the SD card in which case it's best to back it up on your computer by simply copying all the files on there into a dedicated folder
#5PlaysaverPosted 2/28/2013 9:31:00 AM
dctcool posted...
I sent in my 3DS last year to get repaired and the saves were still intact. Also your Mario Kart save data saves onto the Game Card not the SD so the save data will be ok, I have 2 3DS I checked.

Unless of course you're using a digital download version of the game, that data is stored on the SD card in which case it's best to back it up on your computer by simply copying all the files on there into a dedicated folder

Even if you use a cart there is some mario cart data on that sd card. Your streetpass list, Communities and that are stored on the sd card even if your using a cart.
#6NettoSaitoPosted 2/28/2013 10:30:10 AM
Well, sometimes they don't even fix your system; they just give you a new one X_x. That's why I didn't send my old Wii in when it's disc drive went out, because I knew the Wii U would be out in a little over a year, and I didn't want to risk losing everything.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#7zavlinzPosted 2/28/2013 10:41:25 AM
Sounds like theyr just saying that to cover their bases. You'll probably keep your save data.