I'm a little afraid that Luigi's Mansion 2 is a HUGE departure from the GC one

#1HellsingOrgPosted 2/28/2013 4:11:32 AM(edited)
So far I've seen more cartoony comedy ghosts like the difference between the ghosts in Casper and the ghosts in Haunted Mansion (Eddie Murphy)

Environments and backgrounds are wayyyyy more colorful, bright and well lit.
the original GC one had lots of dull brown, gray and blue colors, rooms being very dark when first entering and even the famous "blackout" part which helped the creepy haunted mansion setting.

First game even was a bit "Dark" at times with the story.
The main ghosts were actually people that died and haunt the mansion. creepy babies, references to The Exorcist and Ghostbuster slimer ghost.
Hidden room with the Seance lady... that one ghost that was murdered by her husband or something. The Twilight Zone dejavu part where you like shoot the <spoilers>moon inside the house which isn't actually the moon and Mario cries out to you.</spoilers>

The first game was like a Nintendo Resident Evil ghostbusters game.
While this one just looks like a more lighthearted Nintendo ghostbusters game.

YES both games are rated E and are kiddy and cartoony but you have to admit that there is a difference.

I just hope that I'm wrong and the game is like the GC one.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2VyersPosted 2/28/2013 4:07:32 AM
So what you mean to say

Is that this is Ghostbusters II all over again
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Choice YouTube upload: Chulip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQMsqd_sbg
#3gransPosted 2/28/2013 4:24:14 AM
From the footage, it does a good job balancing dark atmospheric with goofy and colorful. Creates much more diverse environments as well. This game's style has really grown on me over the course of its development.

The original was never scary. Dark and atmospheric, but not scary or disturbing. They've embraced both dark and atmospheric AND cartoony here from what has been seen and it looks like it's paying off fairly well so far.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4ShadowElite86Posted 2/28/2013 6:15:43 AM
Going by the devs track record it seems that the game could go either way, so I'm a bit nervous about the game.
#5toad133Posted 2/28/2013 6:20:41 AM
ShadowElite86 posted...
Going by the devs track record it seems that the game could go either way, so I'm a bit nervous about the game.

You're worried about this being bad by the guys who made the fantastic Mario Strikers games, and also who revived Punch Out and pushed it forward as a game? Not to mention Next Level Games is a sister studio to Retro Studios.

I understand if pre-Nintendo you're concerned, but since they've taken them under their wing they've done amazing titles.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 2/28/2013 6:24:08 AM
I like this games style.
feels more like the original SHOULD HAVE been.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#7BigDaddyWingnutPosted 2/28/2013 6:28:51 AM
As long as Luigi still hums to himself and calls out for Mario, I'll be happy. :D
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
SmashKing just equated liking Animal Crossing to supporting rape. Yep, that just happened. - Tzuba12
#8Spektre41Posted 2/28/2013 6:52:22 AM
I feel the same way. I loved the original Luigi's Mansion because of its campy, faux horror style. This just looks like another Mario game.
---
``Haggar could pile drive the sun into Galactus' face.`` - YoungLegend
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 7:03:47 AM
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
As long as Luigi still hums to himself and calls out for Mario, I'll be happy. :D

i like when they showed luigi's hand slowly opening creaky doorknobs like resident evil games.
---
#10HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 9:06:10 AM
bump
---