Planning to get XL (US)

#1erbastezPosted 2/28/2013 3:54:47 AM
Some questions...

1. Does XL suffer the same problem with the trigger buttons like the DS Lite? (they become unresponsive if dust gets stuck)

2. Is the charger 110v, 220v or works both ways?

3. Do I need a micro SD with large capacity?

4. Which audio/video formats can it play?
#2Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/28/2013 4:30:16 AM
erbastez posted...
Some questions...

1. Does XL suffer the same problem with the trigger buttons like the DS Lite? (they become unresponsive if dust gets stuck)

Not as bad as with the DS, but it can happen in dusty environments.

Both, apparently.

3. Do I need a micro SD with large capacity?

It doesn't need a MicroSD, a regular 2GB SD Card is included, but it can be expanded up to 128GB. Note, however, that the loading times of the system menu are not affected by the SD Card.

4. Which audio/video formats can it play?

MP3 for audio (and I think nothing else), and AVI for video files (once again othing else).
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#3erbastez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 6:23:53 AM
More questions...

What gets stored in the SD card?
Do I just copy and paste if ever I want to replace the current SD card?
#4atopp399Posted 2/28/2013 7:01:00 AM
My second 3DS came with a 4GB card unless that was a special limited part of the Fire Emblem bundle. I thought all new systems came with a 4GB card now though.

Yeah, copy and paste using your PC to transfer to a larger card.
#5Shadow-AngelPosted 2/28/2013 8:29:05 AM
atopp399 posted...
My second 3DS came with a 4GB card unless that was a special limited part of the Fire Emblem bundle. I thought all new systems came with a 4GB card now though.

Yeah, copy and paste using your PC to transfer to a larger card.

Only the XLs and some(not all) limited editions for the regular 3DS come with 4GB here, in the US.
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#6MrFwibblesPosted 2/28/2013 8:33:21 AM
erbastez posted...
Some questions...

Depends what country you live in. If you're in the UK, you'll need a step-down transformer to use the US charger (otherwise you won't be able to plug it into the wall). If you're in Canada or Japan, you can just plug the US charger straight into the wall. Not sure about other countries. You can always just buy a charger from your own country and use it with any kind of 3DS system.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085