That Castlevania demo was awesome, but...

#1legionofpancakePosted 2/28/2013 7:13:30 PM
It's missing that epic Castlevania music.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#2bcorneliaPosted 2/28/2013 7:17:38 PM
Well the music is being composed by the guy who did the first LoS. The music in that game wasn't traditional CV music either but I thought it was great in its own right.

Not a whole lot of music has been heard for this game so far. I am liking this bit in the following vid though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6OQRnHB7A
---
This is an elite pirate
#3legionofpancake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 7:24:24 PM
bcornelia posted...
Well the music is being composed by the guy who did the first LoS. The music in that game wasn't traditional CV music either but I thought it was great in its own right.

Not a whole lot of music has been heard for this game so far. I am liking this bit in the following vid though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6OQRnHB7A

Yeah, it was great in LoS but that game had a very different feel to it. Since this feels more like a more traditional Castlevania feeling game, the soundtrack would be really cool like that ya know? But hey I can dig it, the game is still really fun. That was a good sound clip, too.
---
#4bcorneliaPosted 2/28/2013 7:30:43 PM
legionofpancake posted...
Since this feels more like a more traditional Castlevania feeling game

Does it though? I can't say I agree. It's LoS in 2D with more gothic than fantasy elements.
---
This is an elite pirate
#5legionofpancake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 7:36:42 PM
bcornelia posted...

Does it though? I can't say I agree. It's LoS in 2D with more gothic than fantasy elements.

Yeah, it did to me at least. The art style might be like LoS, but I think that's the way Castlevania games are supposed to follow as visuals improve. Dracula X Chronicles on PSP was kinda like that, but I don't remember it well enough to fully justify.
---
#6bcorneliaPosted 2/28/2013 7:52:09 PM
bcornelia posted...

Yeah, it did to me at least. The art style might be like LoS, but I think that's the way Castlevania games are supposed to follow as visuals improve. Dracula X Chronicles on PSP was kinda like that, but I don't remember it well enough to fully justify.

Well, I'm mostly just talking about the gameplay. I agree with you about the artstyle.
---
This is an elite pirate
#7legionofpancake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 8:08:10 PM
Yeah, the gameplay feels like Metroidvania style, as much as I hate that term. In the demo there are a few areas that looked like they required some backtracking and skills. The only part unlike that style- in my opinion- is the slower paced combat, which is awesome. I think it's required, too, since fast action would look kinda weird for this game.
---