your favorite nintendo games: hit or miss

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 2/28/2013 8:37:38 PM
so basically tell us which games you were excited to play when you got your 3DS and whether or not they were a hit or miss.

paper mario- this was announced really early on the console, and was one of the determining factors to me buying a 3DS. i was also hoping for the inevitable fire emblem/castlevania/pokemon releases. sticker star was a HUGE miss.

fire emblem- announced early on and released not too far into the consoles lifetime in japan. i followed the info for a while, but i had some dislikes. wasnt 100% sure how much i would like it, and i wasnt as hyped for it as i was for some radiant dawn. but, i decided to get it because its fire emblem, and i didnt go wrong. BIG hit.

castlevania- this was announced early too. i knew it was going to be done with the LoS fighting system, and i was prepared for that. but, i was also prepared to kick some ass castlevania style as alucard in an actual castle. played the demo, was disappointed. IMO, the game hasnt delivered and is the mistreated child of LoS and what is supposed to be metroidvania. MISS.
#2MrAntike184Posted 2/28/2013 8:49:58 PM
Pokemon - i knew Pokemon games would be made for 3DS, so i picked one up. Hit.

Zelda - I knew some good Zelda titles would be made on 3DS. Whether it was New, Remake or VC. Main reason i bought a 3DS. And so far it has: The Legend Of Zelda, Zelda 2, Links Awakening DX, Ocarina of Time 3D, Oracle of Ages & Seasons, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass And Spirit Tracks. With a possible Majora's Mask / Link to the Past remake on the way, and Zelda 3DS. Hit.

Mario Kart - This is the 2nd main reason i got 3DS. All i can say is MISS.
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda & F-Zero.
#3poopfeasts420Posted 2/28/2013 8:53:09 PM
I got a 3DS for Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 and both of them were misses. I liked SM3DL a little more but still a miss.
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#4Argh4430Posted 2/28/2013 9:20:43 PM
Got it for the eventual Etrian Odyssey IV, and to play Super Mario 3D Land & Legend of Zelda OoT remake. All were hits. Only miss so far was Aeroporter.
#5MereMarePosted 2/28/2013 11:47:00 PM
Fire Emblem - Big hit. Main reason I got a 3DS.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#6G-14classifiedPosted 3/1/2013 8:36:03 AM
I bought a 3ds mainly to play zero escape virtue's last reward. It was a hit for me since I consider that game to be in my top 5 favorite games of all time. Also, I knew some rpgs like the shin megami tensei games were announced but the quality is unknown at the moment.