Nice EO4 review

#1JonbazookabozPosted 3/1/2013 2:59:08 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/review-etrian-odyssey-iv-246744.phtml

So want this game already. Damn you us fans for getting this before europe.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#2G1ingyPosted 3/1/2013 3:06:10 PM
As much as I am a fan of the Etrian Odyssey series and all it's games...I'm still skeptical about reviews.

Reviews in general are highly unreliable, just look at that Gamespot debacle. There are only a few rare cases where reviews are actually accurate, and they're often games that are amazingly infamous(Duke Nukem, Alien). In those instances they're only "accurate" because they got clued in by how universally hated the games are before they reviewed it.
#3jedinatPosted 3/1/2013 3:12:26 PM(edited)
Destructiod is particularly... unreliable, review-wise. The reviewers don't even try to be impartial from what I've seen. If it's their favorite series/genre or w/e the score will skyrocket. Not that I completely disregard their reviews; they're one of the sites I usually check out.

Gamespot is also one of the sites I put some stock in for whatever reason... some of their more notable fumbles have been mitigated by, for example, the score they handed to Skyward Sword... which was much more sane than pretty much every other site...
#4Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:10:05 PM
G1ingy posted...
As much as I am a fan of the Etrian Odyssey series and all it's games...I'm still skeptical about reviews.

Reviews in general are highly unreliable, just look at that Gamespot debacle. There are only a few rare cases where reviews are actually accurate, and they're often games that are amazingly infamous(Duke Nukem, Alien). In those instances they're only "accurate" because they got clued in by how universally hated the games are before they reviewed it.

There's your problem right there. Gamespot
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#5G1ingyPosted 3/1/2013 3:14:22 PM
That was an example...it's pretty much replicated in most other review sites.