Do funds and downloaded games transfer from one SD card to another?

#1G1ingyPosted 3/1/2013 3:52:05 PM
For example, if I added $20 into a 2GB card, and then bought a 16GB card, can funds be transferred?

Or are they stored differently?
#2Gamemaster64Posted 3/1/2013 3:53:45 PM
Funds should be related to the system and has nothing to do with the SD card.

Though everything can be transferred. Just go SD -> PC -> SD.

Just drag and drop.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#3G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:57:39 PM
Really? Sweet.

...wait, does that mean if I bought a digital copy of a game, but get a 3DSXL, I can't transfer that game to the new console?

...I can't help but feel that hard copy is superior in every way considering digital copies aren't cheaper.
#4warlord78Posted 3/1/2013 4:19:04 PM
Everything would work out fine, check the transfer topic at the top. I try to only buy from the eshop so I don't have to carry around a bunch of carts.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#5Gamemaster64Posted 3/1/2013 4:44:45 PM
G1ingy posted...
Really? Sweet.

...wait, does that mean if I bought a digital copy of a game, but get a 3DSXL, I can't transfer that game to the new console?

...I can't help but feel that hard copy is superior in every way considering digital copies aren't cheaper.

You can't share between systems but to transfer it be between the two system and the original will be wipe clean. There also a stupid limit of how many times you can transfer.
---
#6G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 4:52:46 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
You can't share between systems but to transfer it be between the two system and the original will be wipe clean. There also a stupid limit of how many times you can transfer.

Could you elaborate? So I CAN transfer a game from one system to another, but all saves will be wiped clean, and I can only do it so many times?
#7Gamemaster64Posted 3/1/2013 5:45:02 PM
G1ingy posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...

Could you elaborate? So I CAN transfer a game from one system to another, but all saves will be wiped clean, and I can only do it so many times?

Everything get moved and everything on the original is wipe clean so it only on the new system. Yeah there is a limit of how many times you can do this.
---
#8sasukexiinPosted 3/1/2013 5:49:33 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
G1ingy posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...

Everything get moved and everything on the original is wipe clean so it only on the new system. Yeah there is a limit of how many times you can do this.

that limit stuff is C*** though. so five gens down the road here (probably 3-4 for most people now) we'll all have to rebuy our games or leave them on the old system. (those of us who care).
---
Pokemon Black: 0003 2641 0962
#9warlord78Posted 3/1/2013 7:05:09 PM
I'm sure you and Nintendo could work something out. They want you to feel free to buy a new 3DS, or use the eshop as much a possible. it all means more money for them so I'm sure they would be glad to help if you run into any road blocks in the process.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#10G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 7:45:51 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
G1ingy posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...

Alright thank you very much! :D