Oldest game you recently went back and did a complete run through?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/1/2013 4:22:14 PM
I'm just about to get to the final palace in Zelda II on my 3DS and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm trying not to exploit the system by using the save state but it's tough. Been a while since I've done a complete run in this game or the first one. That's next.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2bcorneliaPosted 3/1/2013 4:25:56 PM
A few months ago I went back to Metroid Zero Mission and completed the art gallery. Learned a whole bunch about the game in the process- you have to do quite a bit out of the standard order to get 100% in under two hours.

15% runs in Hard mode can also be insanely brutal.
---
This is an elite pirate
#3JMForte85Posted 3/1/2013 4:28:54 PM(edited)
Was surprised to see your answer was the same as mine. Just finished Zelda II two nights ago. I must say that I exploited the save state system and I'm wondering how I had the patience to beat it when I played it probably 8-10 years ago on NES. Tough but fun game.

I'm thinking about going through Metroid II next which I got on my 3ds from Club Nintendo. I've beaten the original once as well a long time ago.
---
Currently playing: NSMBU and Uncharted 2
Up next: The Last Story
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 4:29:10 PM
JMForte85 posted...
Was surprised to see your answer was the same as mine. Just finished it two nights ago. I must say that I exploited the save state system and I'm wondering how I had the patience to beat it when I played it probably 8-10 years ago on NES. Tough but fun game.

I'm thinking about going through Metroid II next which I got on my 3ds from Club Nintendo. I've beaten the original once as well a long time ago.

Yeah the game really is quite tough. The fact that you lose all your xp when your lives are up doesn't help either... haha.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#5guedesbrawlPosted 3/1/2013 5:08:41 PM
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#6ecco6t9Posted 3/1/2013 5:13:43 PM
Zelda 1 and Castlevania CoTM.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#7legionofpancakePosted 3/1/2013 5:21:16 PM
I just beat Twilight Princess a couple of nights ago. I think I'm just going to do an older gen marathon. I'm playing Wind Waker now, and maybe I'm going to Silent Hill 4 after that.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#8SMASHKING84Posted 3/1/2013 5:42:08 PM
SMB if you want to count using save states if not final fantasy vii(i'm actually not yet done but i'm on the final dungeon and plan to finish soon)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#9JoeBudden42Posted 3/1/2013 5:43:10 PM
I'm almost complete with Clock Town in Majoras Mask.

I've tried a few times to play it but the save function screwed me over every single time. I'm trying again for the hell of it.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#10toad133Posted 3/1/2013 5:44:44 PM
Banjo Kazooie. Fully completed it and went on to do Tooie as well. Now I'm doing DK64.

Rare N64 platformers, [radio edit] yeah!
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.