You guys are nuts! Castlevania Mirror of Fate is awesome

#31LindyXMJHPosted 3/3/2013 4:04:15 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
RyuVegas posted...

So you excuse LoS's bad frame rate by saying the developers intended it to be that way? Hahaha, what a joke. They clearly didn't sacrifice anything for "graphical fidelity" because the game doesn't even look good! The fact of the matter is that Mercury Steam is a terrible developer who makes terrible games. LoS was awful on nearly every level and clearly never should have been a Castlevania game. Mirror of Fate is even worse, it's a crappy LoS game masquerading as a real Castlevania. People like you are the reason fans of real Castlevania games are never going to get another one.

They did make a Castlevania just for you real fans, it was called Harmony of Despair, it's about running around online using 16 year old sprites, and the only way to defeat Dracula is to buy more DLC.

It has great music too, which was of course remixes of the same three songs again, but that's what the real Castlevania fans want.
#32Solid_SOAPPosted 3/3/2013 5:36:52 PM
Is it going to be Metroidvania style though? I've never played a Castlevania game before but if the gameplay is going to be like that I'll consider buying it because I love the genre.
#33Kojima_FanPosted 3/3/2013 7:14:29 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
RyuVegas posted...

So you excuse LoS's bad frame rate by saying the developers intended it to be that way? Hahaha, what a joke. They clearly didn't sacrifice anything for "graphical fidelity" because the game doesn't even look good! The fact of the matter is that Mercury Steam is a terrible developer who makes terrible games. LoS was awful on nearly every level and clearly never should have been a Castlevania game. Mirror of Fate is even worse, it's a crappy LoS game masquerading as a real Castlevania. People like you are the reason fans of real Castlevania games are never going to get another one.

Hmm...last I checked this was a "real" Castlevania, even has it in the name. Hasn't anyone ever heard of this thing called "change"?
---
MGO(2) Name: epidemic | Clan: (Q) [retired]
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Rising(360), KH3D(3DS), Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate(3DS)
#34JakesTablePosted 3/3/2013 7:20:47 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
I also like it! *eats a banana*

You sir are a genius
#35G1ingyPosted 3/3/2013 7:22:54 PM
The soundtrack sucks. There's no music at all, what little they have amount to nothing but background noise.

The developers have no musical talent.
#36Bikes-Posted 3/3/2013 7:37:34 PM
MKman9495 posted...
It was ok, but i feel that the demo came out a little too close to the games release date

As long as it comes out before or on the day of the release why would there be any problem?

Mindwipe77 posted...
havent played demo, already pre-ordered and going in blind. I love CV and collect them all. Im sure i will like this one too.

Not really the best mindset to have, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway on topic, as a person that's never played any real amount of castalvania (I think I played a bit of one of the old ones on a E world that my friend had on his phone) the demo gets a meh from me, nothing about it really appealed to me, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't really anything to get excited for (IMO of course)
#37Absolutezero93Posted 3/3/2013 7:38:17 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
RyuVegas posted...

okay

Let me guess, you consider Metroidvanias to be real castlevania games, right? LoL!
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare