Fate of Professor Layton series (no spoilers)?

#1XRay2984Posted 3/1/2013 7:21:35 PM
Now that Azran Legacies is officially out in Japan and will likely get elsewhere by year end or early 2014, has Level-5 said anything about the future of the series?

Does it being Layton's last starring role mean the series will end? I can't see anything drastic happening to Layton at the end of Azran Legacies since it'll just lead right into the original trilogy. Also, there aren't really any loose ends at the conclusion of Unwound Future.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#2XRay2984(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 7:54:43 PM
bump
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#3ukokira1Posted 3/1/2013 7:56:00 PM
Probably. We might get a spin off starring grown up Luke although.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#4SoeroahPosted 3/1/2013 7:56:37 PM
Didn't Unwound Future end with a sequel hook of sorts with Luke's letter? Or was that another game?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#5QuagsireQingPosted 3/1/2013 9:27:18 PM
I believe the official word is that the series may continue, just without the Professor in the starring role. I'll be sad to bid him adieu.

PS. It's unlikely that the game will be released internationally until Q4 2014, unless it gets localized in half the time of the last four games.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#6EdwardDigitalPosted 3/1/2013 9:42:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if it ended. Personally I grew tired of the series by the 3rd game. I didn't care to play beyond that. They're good games but to me it grew tedious. However they're still very good.

All good things must come to an end. You don't expect it to go on forever do you? I can totally see a bunch of people complaining about a milked series should it go on. Be content with what is available :)
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/2/2013 1:48:59 AM
They haven't said anything just yet, but... Professor Triton, go go go!
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.