What exactly is wrong with the 3ds screen?

#21PokeMasterPosted 3/2/2013 8:36:39 AM
Waiting for some pc master race user to come in with some 6-monitor setup just because they can.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#22confettistormPosted 3/2/2013 8:48:16 AM
Let's just say that I was initially in the graphics purist camps.

I didn't upgrade to the 3DS XL for the ONLY reason being that the screen would appear more pixelated.
After playing countless hours of Fire Emblem and getting hand cramps, I decided to sell my original 3DS and upgrade.

Let's just say that the screen does appear more pixelated the moment you boot it up.
The thing I forgot was that just like a larger screen TV, if you move the screen back a little bit, it looks almost the same. This actually helps because I always had my 3DS so close to my face when playing.
#23ChunkyMonkeyLOLPosted 3/2/2013 8:57:11 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Waiting for some pc master race user to come in with some 6-monitor setup just because they can.

Only got 3 monitors, so I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations.
---
I wish I had my own Succubus...
The flatter the chest, the closer I am to her heart
#24PokeMasterPosted 3/2/2013 9:20:34 AM
ChunkyMonkeyLOL posted...
PokeMaster posted...

Only got 3 monitors, so I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations.

Originally i had a dual-monitor setup, but then I split it to use for another pc. Slowly upgrading this one and gonna settle with a triple monitor...for now.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#25Sami1000Posted 3/2/2013 10:44:00 AM
AceMos posted...
the problem ios that most ppl dotn under stnad how resolutions work

the human eye realy cant see much of a difrance on sucha small screent hat is up so close

but ppl want to seem smart and know the word resolution so there mind plays tricks on there eyes

"the human eye realy cant see much of a difrance on sucha small screent hat is up so close"

This is really uneducated claim.
#26Shadow2790xPosted 3/2/2013 10:51:34 AM
It's not a bad screen, and even though I prefer the 3DS... the Vita's screen is way better.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#27ferofaxPosted 3/2/2013 11:12:46 AM
Grainy vibe because of the larger pixels. But clarity-wise, it all depends on what the image you're looking at.

Also, crisp is correct, because it denotes sharpness in image. Jaggies are just a result of having bigger pixels to work with. People familiar with image editing and Photoshop will know what I'm talking about. Do it in Photoshop. Draw a straight diagonal 1-pixel-width line (don't use 45 degrees, go with something like 30 or 70), then zoom in until you can clearly see each individual pixel. See how jaggy it looks? Now zoom out until the line is at 1:1 ratio with the pixels on your monitor. See how more and smaller pixels changes things?

So stop arguing about sharpness and crispness -- both screens can be, but it all depends on the image it's displaying, and the Vita has a distinct advantage in the number and size of pixels. That said, the Vita can have its graphical supremacy for all I care. The 3DS is neck-deep in cash, and I'm telling you right now it's certainly not because of its graphical inferiority nor its 3D gimmickry.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#28blazeUP12Posted 3/2/2013 11:13:44 AM
JoeBudden42 posted...
I definitely wouldn't use the word 'crisp'...

Maybe "crisp" as in "sharp" as in "jaggy"
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#29Black_AssassinPosted 3/2/2013 11:30:20 AM(edited)
PokeMaster posted...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13680560/Glorious.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13680560/Heroes%203%20with%206%20screens%20and%20a%20steering%20wheel.png
#30andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:36:11 PM
It's a big step up from the dsi 256 x 192 resolution. Hell, games looked fine on the dsi, pokemon looked great.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!