The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

need help deciding on buying a GBA SP or Micro. but theres a catch...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. need help deciding on buying a GBA SP or Micro. but theres a catch...
4 years ago#1
they are both rare limited editions for each type. the SP looks like the original NES and the Micro is the 20th Anniversary edition. Which would you choose and why?
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l SLI MSI 3GB GTX 580s l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H80 l 1Tb 7,200 rpm l 64gb SSD I BD Drive l Obsidian 650D I Alienware Optx
4 years ago#2
Micro. I'm an XL user but the Micro feels... so right. It has a better screen, changeable faceplates, a BEAUTIFUL dpad (SP sucks ass) and good L/R buttons.

Cons: Doesn't play GBC/GB games. I also need to get one for myself.
XBL GT: roboitoam
4 years ago#3
The SP, just because it plays GB/C and GBA games
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
4 years ago#4
SP. GBC support and works well. So far only the l/r buttons have died.
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
4 years ago#5
id honestly like to get both but its a lot of money to drop. i like the look of the micro and it has a headphone jack which is nice but the bigger screen and backwards compatibility of the SP is great too. such a hard decision
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l SLI MSI 3GB GTX 580s l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H80 l 1Tb 7,200 rpm l 64gb SSD I BD Drive l Obsidian 650D I Alienware Optx
4 years ago#6
Hard one to choose.
I loved my SP till someone stole it. It's a great choice tho but IMO the micro is nicer to hold and play with.
I have the 20th Anniversary edition :D
Bought mines from play-Asia brand new for....35!
4 years ago#7
The Micro is an awesome system, but get an SP AGS-101, best of all worlds
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
4 years ago#8
I would go with the sp. I love the micro (my favorite gameboy) but the sp can also play gameboy games. The micro is a wonderful little piece of hardware though. it feels quite solidly built. If you don't play gameboy color games, go with the micro.
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
4 years ago#9
I have the Famicom Game Boy Micro. I got it for $20 at a pawn shop, obviously a good deal.
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
3 years ago#10
yep, just get the SP AGS-101 and you will have everything you need.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. need help deciding on buying a GBA SP or Micro. but theres a catch...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived