need help deciding on buying a GBA SP or Micro. but theres a catch...

#21JP_SartrePosted 3/3/2013 7:44:41 AM
Slaysme posted...
You just suggested a light accessory in 2013? No.no no no no no no no no no no no not ever again. What next, tiger handheld games?
Let the horrors die!

I still have mine, but GBA games look better on a 7 inch tablet.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#22TeremeiPosted 3/3/2013 8:06:52 AM
I do like the NES styled SP that's a good one. But the Micro IMO is the best handheld ever made. Such an amazing little thing.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#23GhetsisPosted 3/3/2013 8:19:31 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Neither. Get a SP2/AGS-101 instead. SP1 has a crappy backlight and Micro is way too small and won't play GB/GBC games.

If you must have a retro looking handheld, do what another person suggested: get the NES SP and replace its guts with the guts of an SP2.

Ghetsis posted...
My personal suggestion? Get an original GBA, with a rechargeable battery pack and a light accessory. Original GBA is by far the most comfortable to hold, and it's pretty sturdy.

Also, for the love of all things great in gaming, don't do that. Even an SP1 is better than an original GBA with a light accessory.

SP1 doesn't have a backlight at all. And no, I wouldn't say that it's better than a GBA. SP's shoulder buttons are awful.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#24MrKunioPosted 3/3/2013 9:21:13 AM
I love the clamshell design of the SP. Plus the classic nes system is very cool and more valued.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#25Deimos259Posted 3/3/2013 9:48:55 AM
I've always been happy with my SP
---
http://i.imgur.com/0llA3YV.jpg
#26huyiPosted 3/3/2013 10:08:33 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Neither. Get a SP2/AGS-101 instead. SP1 has a crappy backlight and Micro is way too small and won't play GB/GBC games.

If you must have a retro looking handheld, do what another person suggested: get the NES SP and replace its guts with the guts of an SP2.

Ghetsis posted...
My personal suggestion? Get an original GBA, with a rechargeable battery pack and a light accessory. Original GBA is by far the most comfortable to hold, and it's pretty sturdy.

Also, for the love of all things great in gaming, don't do that. Even an SP1 is better than an original GBA with a light accessory.

yeah, when he said that, i was like what the hell was he thinking? i know where he was trying to go with it though because the original gba has a better design overall but because it has no backlit screen it's useless in most situations. (only use my original gba for gameboy games occasionally)

however there is a way around this problem, you can get custom original gbas built that have a backlit screen built in, best of both worlds, but they are expensive though.

they look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/HukmZsJ.jpg
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1