Nintendo reimbursing me for DSiWare games lost due to stolen DSi

#21crimsonclaw111Posted 3/2/2013 4:37:25 PM
I wonder how many "rebates" they're going to deal with before they finally institute an account system.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#22so64Posted 3/2/2013 7:21:13 PM
Pokemon Rumble Blast is not a good game in my opinion. It can be quite repetitive at times and though a somewhat fun time waster, I do not think you should buy it for that price.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#23DonomegaPosted 3/2/2013 7:26:18 PM
Lucky, someone snagged my DSi XL in a hospital waiting room. Yeah, some expecting father is a thief lol

I had no games on it though
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#24ferofaxPosted 3/2/2013 8:42:58 PM
Vyers posted...
ferofax posted...
Lucky you. If it was up to me, I'd give you nil. It's not my fault you lost your DSi (not that I'm saying it's your fault as well). Nice of them, really. One thing though, if you lost a DSi, wouldn't asking for Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Cursed Canvas, both Wii games, be kind of out of place?

So you're saying that you would take no responsibility for making a viable account system to protect your consumers from these things happening.

If it wasn't the standard, I'd say "okay". But it is - the least they could do was compensate for their faulty design.

What? Different is faulty? Just because everybody else does accounts doesn't mean Nintendo has to (although it'd be nice). You buy things at your own risk. What happens to what you bought is mainly your own damn fault. Your games are NOT insured, so stop acting like you have it on premium and entitled to full remunerations. This is like buying a car, getting it stolen, and then getting half back. Except cars can actually be insured, so... yeah.

But it doesn't matter anyways, you got your claims, so good for you.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#25Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:04:02 PM
ferofax posted...
Vyers posted...
ferofax posted...
Lucky you. If it was up to me, I'd give you nil. It's not my fault you lost your DSi (not that I'm saying it's your fault as well). Nice of them, really. One thing though, if you lost a DSi, wouldn't asking for Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Cursed Canvas, both Wii games, be kind of out of place?

So you're saying that you would take no responsibility for making a viable account system to protect your consumers from these things happening.

If it wasn't the standard, I'd say "okay". But it is - the least they could do was compensate for their faulty design.

What? Different is faulty? Just because everybody else does accounts doesn't mean Nintendo has to (although it'd be nice). You buy things at your own risk. What happens to what you bought is mainly your own damn fault. Your games are NOT insured, so stop acting like you have it on premium and entitled to full remunerations. This is like buying a car, getting it stolen, and then getting half back. Except cars can actually be insured, so... yeah.

Yes - when something different is factually inferior to Steam, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, VITA, and in fact, PSP, it is faulty.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Choice YouTube upload: Chulip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQMsqd_sbg
#26zavlinzPosted 3/2/2013 11:48:34 PM(edited)
you know whats better than getting half of your money back?
Having account bounds and keeping all of your money.
maybe the better question is though... how do you manage to spend $300 on just dsiware.
#2790sRetroGamingPosted 3/3/2013 12:06:01 AM(edited)
So...

Instead of creating an account system and saving ourselves the headache let's go ahead and cost ourselves some extra cash by giving away free money to customers in the form of compensation..

Haha dumbasses! :D.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#28KurizakaPosted 3/3/2013 1:39:23 AM
Vyers posted...
The reason I didn't file a report was because, in general, I'm a pretty "I don't want to be trouble" kinda guy. I only had a suspicion of who did it.

Also, already got Trilogy. In fact, I had two before. :v

You're almost too kind. I'd have reported in a heartbeat, or confronted the person. Glad to hear they're doing that for you, at least!
#29keyblader1985Posted 3/3/2013 1:53:21 AM
Putting my initial skepticism aside...

Wait, so it was actually mostly physical games that got stolen? In that case, it was indeed very generous of Nintendo to do something like this.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#30lauriellenPosted 3/3/2013 12:47:39 PM
Vyers posted...
ferofax posted...

Nintendo doesn't *have* to do it, but IMO it should (as you said, "it's be nice," which is the nicer cousin of should. ;)).. Tie the games in with a Club Nintendo account, and if the device gets lost or stolen, or you upgrade to a new system and sell or give away your old one, you transfer them from the old system to the new one. Seems simple enough to me. Or you could gift the downloaded games to another user if you want to sell or give them away. As long as the content goes away on the old system, Nintendo isn't out anything.

Seems to me it would simplify things, too, in terms of people complaining and/or trying to figure out how to retain or regain downloaded content, and Nintendo appeasing those who complain enough. If the user can just transfer the content, Nintendo doesn't have to appease anybody.