New 3DS owner

#1ultraman7kPosted 3/2/2013 3:00:46 AM
Hi everyone, just managed to pick up a 3DS earlier this week, and I'm itching for some games to play.

I picked up the Fire Emblem limited edition 3DS (had no interest in an XL) and FE was the driving for me to pick up this system.

I've tried a little bit of the Etrian Odyssey demo, and though I used to play these dungeon crawler games back in the day, I'm not so sure I want to continue playing them now, some 15 years later.

Basically, I really enjoy RPGs, SRPGs and Adventures. I don't mind platformers, but they can get pretty old pretty quickly.

Games I have in mind, that I intend on purchasing :

Ocarina of TIme
Tales of the Abyss

I know that 3DS probably isn't the system for these types of games (no interest in Persona series) so anything else out there I might enjoy?

Thanks!!
#2badboyPosted 3/2/2013 3:03:17 AM
Mario 3D Land
#3MACH0Posted 3/2/2013 3:42:34 AM
badboy posted...
Mario 3D Land

This 100%
#4snake1989Posted 3/2/2013 3:43:15 AM
Crimson Shroud! Around $8 on the eShop and a very satisfying RPG/Adventure experience. Probably one of my most-enjoyed 3DS titles overall.
---
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#5RocketZXbluePosted 3/2/2013 4:34:23 AM
Kid Icarus, I personally think this is the best 3DS game out there now.
you can take a look at Code of Princess, it plays like Guardian heroes if you're familiar with the series at all.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#6ultraman7k(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 1:49:28 PM
thanks for the replies.

Mario 3D Land..sounds like it sort of requires you to turn the 3d on to get full enjoyment? I find the 3D gives me a bit of headache, so wherever possible I have it turned down. I don't particularly like 3D (shocking, I know why did I get a 3DS) but if I can avoid it I'd like to.

That Princess game looks... interesting...Will have to keep an eye out for that.

Also Crimson shroud. Only $8? I'll def. look into that! Thanks!

Anything else that's decent out there? What about that game...I forget what it's called but it's about making decisions, I think there was a prequel on the DS? Sort of like a story book game, about escaping something or other? Sorry if that's vague.
#7Spiffy247Posted 3/2/2013 1:52:46 PM
I suggest Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8GiygasminionPosted 3/2/2013 2:01:34 PM
I liked Tales of the Abyss and Ocarina of Time 3d, TC. Solid games for the system.

Other ideas:
-The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (I didn't like the demo, but many people loved this)
-Crimson Shroud
-Paper Mario Sticker Star (my least favorite Paper Mario, but you might like it better)
-Kid Icarus Uprising (not in your list of preferred genres, I know, but I feel this is the most full featured, unique game on the system)

I liked Super Mario 3d Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I didn't LOVE either of them.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#9AwesomeggsPosted 3/2/2013 2:50:58 PM
ultraman7k posted...
Mario 3D Land..sounds like it sort of requires you to turn the 3d on to get full enjoyment? I find the 3D gives me a bit of headache, so wherever possible I have it turned down. I don't particularly like 3D (shocking, I know why did I get a 3DS) but if I can avoid it I'd like to.

Actually, the 3D is not required for SM3DL. I picked it up a couple days ago (VERY fun imo) and can't think of any instance where you NEED the 3D. There are a couple of puzzles that become blatantly obvious with it on, but all of them have a switch that shows you the solution without the 3D.

The other games I have, and highly recommend are are Kid Icarus, Kingdom Hearts, and Ocarina of Time.

As for the other game you asked about, you are probably thinking about Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward. I haven't played it, but I've heard good things about it

Congrats on getting a 3DS by the way. :)
---
You, yes you reading this sig. You are an awesome person. :)
Official Egg of the NDF
#10Im_A_DogPosted 3/2/2013 2:59:46 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3D. I just got it last week and I can't stop playing it. It's a lot of fun :)