Do you hotswap cartridges when the system is on?

#1confettistormPosted 3/2/2013 8:02:51 AM
Do you hotswap cartridges when the system is on? - Results (293 votes)
Yes
69.62% (204 votes)
No
30.38% (89 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I never do it. I'm just too used to doing things to old way.
#2Shadowstar108Posted 3/2/2013 8:04:34 AM
No. I grew up when taking the cartridge out of the system did bad things, so I always shut my systems off before replacing games.
---
~Currently Playing: .hack//Infection, Devil Survivor 2, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time~
#3brigadier_101Posted 3/2/2013 8:07:22 AM
Do you mean when the game is still playing or just when the system is on in the main menu thing?
---
My reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter (Nintendo 3DS)
#4RyuVegasPosted 3/2/2013 8:08:31 AM
At first I was adverse to it. Now It is common practice. I often get that stupidly annoying message "The game card is removed. Press *Home* to return to the Home Menu" because of the spring ratchet the card slot has it sometimes pops out just from movement in my pocket against something. Again, first I was worried I was going to break, ruin, or damage something. Now I know nothing is going to happen and use it to my advantage.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#5confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:09:04 AM
brigadier_101 posted...
Do you mean when the game is still playing or just when the system is on in the main menu thing?

When you're in the system menu and the software is OFF.
#6_OdarpPosted 3/2/2013 9:03:27 AM
I have my home screen with only one row, so sometimes when I want to play my cartridge and I'm to lazy to scroll I just pop it out and in again so it takes me to the cartridge and I just have to press A, yeah, I'm that lazy.
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#7Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/2/2013 9:33:08 AM
Wait you count switching game cards with the system on but without the software running as hotswapping? This is really not an accurate definition.
#8RayzerTagPosted 3/2/2013 9:49:18 AM
I try not to, but sometimes I'm that lazy.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#9thedicemasterPosted 3/2/2013 9:50:05 AM
I never turn my 3DS off.
you can even hotswap the sdcard without the 3ds complaining, by putting it on standby while displaying the shutdown menu.
#10keyblader1985Posted 3/2/2013 10:17:38 AM
...Are you people serious? I know half of the DS models didn't have hotswapping, but damn. I was stuck with old systems until I got my DSi in 2009, but it didn't take me too long to get used to it. It baffles me how someone could have it so ingrained in them not do hotswap that they never do it.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai