Do you hotswap cartridges when the system is on?

#31EvonfirePosted 3/2/2013 9:12:17 PM
During a game I won't even hit the home button. I just pop the cartridge out and get that black screen of death. Than I have to shut off my 3ds and turn it back on. Now that I think about it I think I'm going to not do this anymore.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
Currently Playing: FE:A, and MH3U Demo.
#32confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 9:13:49 PM(edited)
Evonfire posted...
During a game I won't even hit the home button. I just pop the cartridge out and get that black screen of death. Than I have to shut off my 3ds and turn it back on. Now that I think about it I think I'm going to not do this anymore.

We have converted one to the light!
Get the welcome van!
#33MereMarePosted 3/2/2013 11:36:43 PM
confettistorm posted...
If I want to swap cartridges, I just shut off the system, replace the card and turn it back on.

---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#34ShadowRisaePosted 3/3/2013 12:53:41 AM
If you're sitting on the Home menu, no big deal. But yeah... I wouldn't do this when a game is actively running. I'd rather deal with the few seconds it takes to go to the Home menu than risk damaging something.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#35iMURDAuPosted 3/3/2013 4:12:48 AM
I don't get why you'd need to shut the system off. You obviously don't turn it off when you close swapnote or any other digital title when changing to another game. The home screen exists for a reason. I've only turned my 3DS off maybe 4 times since I got it in September.

Just trying changing the game at the home screen and watch as your system basically shrugs because its the way it was designed to operate. Its a big boy (or girl) and can handle changing software.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade