Here's how you fix your L and R buttons

#21Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:09:54 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
People are having trouble with their L and R buttons?

This. Forget about "how to fix your L and R buttons", let's discuss what the hell you people are doing to break your L and R buttons in the first place. You guys are obviously doing something wrong. First I read that thread where some liar said that GBA SP had L and R buttons that break easily (it does not), and now this.

I don't know what kind of abuse you're subjecting your shoulder buttons to, but you all need to stop it.

No post is better on these forums than "it hasn't happened to me, so clearly, you must be using your 3DS as a hammer."

Your post is crap. Plain and simple. My PSP has never had any problems with L or R buttons. So clearly, people just happen to only abuse Nintendo products, not Sony products.

The way Nintendo handheld shoulder buttons are designed allows for them to acquire dust under them. But I guess that statement is anti-Nintendo, so I have to censor it for your delicate feelings.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Choice YouTube upload: Chulip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQMsqd_sbg
#22CmaBoyPosted 3/3/2013 12:18:58 AM(edited)
This is the only way I've been able to get my shoulder buttons to work with any reliability, ever since hundreds of hours of Kid Icarus Uprising have destroyed mine. It's only been temporary each time though, so it's looking like I might need to try the can of compressed air once I can get my hands on one.

The 3DS's L and R seem a lot more fragile than the ones on that brick that was the original DS. That held up without a problem until the end of its lifespan, and the air trick easily fixed it when the buttons started having issues.

Edit:
The way Nintendo handheld shoulder buttons are designed allows for them to acquire dust under them. But I guess that statement is anti-Nintendo, so I have to censor it for your delicate feelings.

As someone who owns only Nintendo consoles/handhelds and doesn't abuse the hell out of their game systems like some people I've seen, I have to agree with this. The L and R button unresponsiveness is an easily worked around but serious design flaw. It's never the ABYX or Start/Select that gives out, only the hinged button design recent handhelds use.

I'm starting to think there's a serious Nintendium shortage, and they just don't use as much in game systems as they used to. Forget oil, these are the serious matters of first-world living. lol
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
Cannon Leader of the Kid Icarus Uprising League (PM for a match)
#23nintendoggerPosted 3/3/2013 12:14:00 AM
It worked so well it's creepy. Reminds me of the good ole 64 days.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and Paper Mario:Sticker Star
#24TripurariPosted 3/3/2013 12:17:53 AM
My R button has been working off and on for months. Blowing into it with air or compressed air helps for a few minutes. Then the L button started it... so now I'm sending it in while I still have warranty.
---
can't remember... something important...
#25KaitaNuvaPosted 3/3/2013 12:22:49 AM
People with problems: do you own the original or the XL?
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#26Mariofan15Posted 3/3/2013 12:24:09 AM
What are people doing? My L and R buttons still work fine.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#27FefnirOmega13Posted 3/3/2013 12:32:20 AM
Don't try it, not only is it only a temporary fix but you run the risk of getting spit and other watery substances into the crack, which may end up finding it's way into the core of the system and thus breaking the console altogether.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#28GreshEvansPosted 3/3/2013 1:17:09 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
If all else fails, try using a can of compressed air.

Yep.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#29PrinceOfHotPosted 3/8/2013 7:55:38 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
If all else fails, try using a can of compressed air.

I tried this and it didn't work. Gah
#30StarmanJuniorPosted 3/8/2013 8:09:02 AM
blow them.

blow them hard.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.