forbes nintendoomed article

#71Genericgamer667(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:42:05 PM
sooo you have no counter then? You are the one trying to dodge the fact that they had bad launches too. What makes the Wii U super different and more doomed

on second thought don't respond. I have you on ignore like most trolls
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#72RazieruPosted 3/3/2013 10:45:03 PM
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Well, until Microsoft releases their new console and Sony releases the PS4, there is nothing else for WiiU followers to base their "It's not flopping" rhetoric on.

Yeah, it's a simple, asinine, and generic behavioral pattern:

Their tender eyes come across any testimony that speaks of ANY of Nintendo's obvious
farces and blemishes.

Typical NDF response: "But look at the other guys." <---- Gotta love "priceless" feedback like this. Makes for a great "counter".

Admit it Razieru, you enjoy making Nintendo fans squirm =)

The ass aching that comes from me posting couldn't be evidence enough. =)
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#73RazieruPosted 3/3/2013 10:51:36 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
sooo you have no counter then? You are the one trying to dodge the fact that they had bad launches too. What makes the Wii U super different and more doomed

^ And when they've fallen down enough, they mutter a last hurrah similar to the above. Apparently, I am "ignored" once again. Way to cop out and prove the other guy omnipotent as usual. This drivel is an avid example of the defeated tapping out.

Other than that, it's just them throwing temper tantrums and adolescent war of words at you in an attempt to deflect the fact that they never had an argument or worthwhile response on the matter because you gave them a sound ripping in their flawed logic and philosophies.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#74Baha05Posted 3/3/2013 11:06:06 PM
Razieru posted...
^ Yeah, go ahead and flip it with that "remember the other guy's bad days" bs. That was around 2006, bro. This is all about the Wii U, which is NOW.

Gotta love how these guys can think of no other "comebacks" to mask the obvious grim fate of the Wii U or any other Nintendo product other than with those "remember the other guy's bad days" ones.

Well when you stop to think about it the reason why other consoles problems are brought up is the sole fact that there is a clear pattern. All consoles have really piss poor launches, and sometimes numbers are pretty meh. But if you actually pay attention or use common sense then you would know that numbers tend to go up over time.

3DS and the Vita are both recent examples f this, their numbers were low and over time they went up as more and more games came out.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#75ShadyBrad1984Posted 3/3/2013 11:07:24 PM
Razieru posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...

^ And when they've fallen down enough, they mutter a last hurrah similar to the above. Apparently, I am "ignored" once again. Way to cop out and prove the other guy omnipotent as usual. This drivel is an avid example of the defeated tapping out.

Other than that, it's just them throwing temper tantrums and adolescent war of words at you in an attempt to deflect the fact that they never had an argument or worthwhile response on the matter because you gave them a sound ripping in their flawed logic and philosophies.

GameFAQ's (at least the vita/3ds boards) seems to thrive on getting into arguments over Opinions .

Or weak arguments that get destroyed by either Vyers, Razieru, Endgame among others, and then 300 replies on why their butt is sore.

Keep up the good work, Razieru otherwise GameFAQ's will continue to devolve into a forum where all that's discussed is comparisons of each others e-peens.

On topic, the article was shown to be flawed by its subsequent deletion, was a whiny topic on GameFAQ's going to make a difference.

No.
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: Sonic&All-StarsRacing, SMT:DS2 and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting Castlevania, MH3U and Luigi's Mansion2
#76RazieruPosted 3/3/2013 11:12:33 PM
^ I love this guy.
---
#77raver_zaktanPosted 3/3/2013 11:15:48 PM
Going to avoid all this "NDF discussion" because it's just people waving around their epeen thinking they're better than others because of what console they like.

But anyone ACTUALLY thinking Nintendo is doomed, or WiiU is definitively a flop based on 4 months of sales, needs to start using their brain a little.

Nintendo is doomed? One word: 3DS. That thing is selling like hotcakes, it's almost printing them money. The 3DS alone could probably keep them in business for a while, and even if the WiiU fails massively (which is yet to be seen), Nintendo's not going to go out of the hardware business, they're just going to go handheld-only and ditch the consoles. Even in a world where tech "analysts" are proclaiming the rise of tablets, smartphones and the iTouch, the 3DS is still selling well. Nintendo handhelds aren't going away, and as a result, Nintendo hardware isn't going away either.

Hell, how can you say Nintendo's doomed because it has ONE "flop" of a system, when Sony has the exact same issue? PS3 is selling well, PS4 COULD sell well, but if the WiiU's a "flop," Vita's in even worse shape. Apparently Sony's fine even though they have one "flop," but Nintendo's doomed because they also have one "flop?" Either both Nintendo and Sony are doomed, or neither are doomed.

And to declare the WiiU a flop is premature. In its first 4 months it sold rapidly, but there's no denying it declined. But you only have to look as far back to the PS3 and 3DS to see how systems that started out slow CAN (can, not will) recover and sell like crazy. 3DS, after a price drop and better games came out, rapidly turned around. PS3 didn't turn around as rapidly but now it's sold 70 million units.

Is the WiiU going to do the same? POTENTIALLY. We don't know how the library's going to shape up, how Nintendo's going to handle the price in the future, etc. The WiiU COULD flop, but it also COULD sell like crazy. It's been 4 months, anyone not giving it time before deeming it a failure is too trigger-happy.
#78m0derationPosted 3/3/2013 11:20:20 PM
raver_zaktan posted...
Going to avoid all this "NDF discussion" because it's just people waving around their epeen thinking they're better than others because of what console they like.

But anyone ACTUALLY thinking Nintendo is doomed, or WiiU is definitively a flop based on 4 months of sales, needs to start using their brain a little.

Nintendo is doomed? One word: 3DS. That thing is selling like hotcakes, it's almost printing them money. The 3DS alone could probably keep them in business for a while, and even if the WiiU fails massively (which is yet to be seen), Nintendo's not going to go out of the hardware business, they're just going to go handheld-only and ditch the consoles. Even in a world where tech "analysts" are proclaiming the rise of tablets, smartphones and the iTouch, the 3DS is still selling well. Nintendo handhelds aren't going away, and as a result, Nintendo hardware isn't going away either.

Hell, how can you say Nintendo's doomed because it has ONE "flop" of a system, when Sony has the exact same issue? PS3 is selling well, PS4 COULD sell well, but if the WiiU's a "flop," Vita's in even worse shape. Apparently Sony's fine even though they have one "flop," but Nintendo's doomed because they also have one "flop?" Either both Nintendo and Sony are doomed, or neither are doomed.

And to declare the WiiU a flop is premature. In its first 4 months it sold rapidly, but there's no denying it declined. But you only have to look as far back to the PS3 and 3DS to see how systems that started out slow CAN (can, not will) recover and sell like crazy. 3DS, after a price drop and better games came out, rapidly turned around. PS3 didn't turn around as rapidly but now it's sold 70 million units.

Is the WiiU going to do the same? POTENTIALLY. We don't know how the library's going to shape up, how Nintendo's going to handle the price in the future, etc. The WiiU COULD flop, but it also COULD sell like crazy. It's been 4 months, anyone not giving it time before deeming it a failure is too trigger-happy.

You obviously aren't looking at the grander scale of things. Yes, it's selling like hotcakes compared to the Vita but Nintendo hasn't met it's expected forecast of 15 million units. It's not going to sell as well as the DS. And let's not forget that Microsoft and Sony don't have 100% of their resources into video games. Nintendo is 100% dedicated to video games so unless WiiU somehow does better than the Wii(which it won't) they are going to have trouble on their hands.
#79Baha05Posted 3/3/2013 11:24:28 PM
m0deration posted...
You obviously aren't looking at the grander scale of things. Yes, it's selling like hotcakes compared to the Vita but Nintendo hasn't met it's expected forecast of 15 million units. It's not going to sell as well as the DS. And let's not forget that Microsoft and Sony don't have 100% of their resources into video games. Nintendo is 100% dedicated to video games so unless WiiU somehow does better than the Wii(which it won't) they are going to have trouble on their hands.

Well except Nintendo has no debt so even if say the Wii U does in fact fail then Nintendo can take that hit. And the 3DS is pretty much outselling the DS in terms of comparing the current 3DS sales to the amount of time the DS was out. It's HIGHLY possible that the 3DS can and most likely will at some point surpass the DS or at minimum get close.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#80raver_zaktanPosted 3/3/2013 11:25:30 PM
m0deration posted...
raver_zaktan posted...

What forecast of 15 million? Not sure what you're talking about there. It's at 30 million units sold in 2 years, while the DS sold 153 million in 9 years. That's about the same rate, just a tad bit slower.