What do you think is the #1 reason Nintendo takes so long to release VC titles?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/2/2013 3:34:07 PM(edited)
Clearly with the Wii it was pretty slow. It started out solid and then just really slowed down a good bit in the end. Fast forward to today with the 3DS eShop and even the Wii U, they really just don't have much to show at all.

Obviously they're in the business to make money... so what's the deal? The only thing I can think of is that they want to really spread it out over time in the hopes that people will buy other games while they wait. I can't say it's a great decision but the only other possible scenario as far as I'm concerned is that they don't have the manpower to do it? But is it really that hard?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2Halladay32Posted 3/2/2013 3:24:09 PM
Yeah, I think your guess (spreading the games out) is probably right. Although, you would think that more games being available would equal more sales, especially for their popular titles. If they were really worried about the lesser-known titles not being downloaded enough, then sales/discounts, as well as showcasing them more on the eShop menu, would probably serve to alleviate this somewhat.
---
"Lesson, lesson...If you see a stranger, follow him."
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 3/2/2013 4:09:16 PM
That's probably right. For example, I believe the main reason it took so long to release OOX was because Link's Awakening was still selling well up until now.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#4crimsonclaw111Posted 3/2/2013 4:18:46 PM
They drip feed VC releases so that they can get more money. Offering too many games reduces the potential for profits on a game that might otherwise be ignored for a more popular VC game released at the same time.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#5VyersPosted 3/2/2013 4:26:27 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
They drip feed VC releases so that they can get more money. Offering too many games reduces the potential for profits on a game that might otherwise be ignored for a more popular VC game released at the same time.

This is true, but going too slowly breeds discontent.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Choice YouTube upload: Chulip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQMsqd_sbg
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 4:39:25 PM
So what would you guys rather have:

1) One new game a month for 5 months
or
2) 5 games at one time and then nothing for 5 months
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#7iMURDAuPosted 3/2/2013 5:12:06 PM
They have an aversion to my money. No VC titles released this week was a bad move. Almost as bad as releasing friggin Yoshi for NES over lets see... StarTropics, SMB 3, SMB 2 (USA), or even good ol Pinball. Just in terms of 1st party NES games.

It would benefit them to have at least 5 VC titles released each month.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#8snacktimeguyPosted 3/3/2013 5:36:15 PM
They seem to be giving much more to Japan. It's the same for Pokemon events too. I blame rap music.
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
#9scigeek101Posted 3/3/2013 5:40:00 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
So what would you guys rather have:

1) One new game a month for 5 months
or
2) 5 games at one time and then nothing for 5 months

I would rather have 2.

Then I can pick what I want out of that earlier instead of waiting.

No way am I buying every VC game Nintendo puts up, I will only buy my favorites, and if my favorites aren't there I wont buy anything.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#10Solid_SOAPPosted 3/3/2013 5:42:17 PM
To create promotions and make more money in the long run, that's it really. A new Zelda is likely to be announced this E3, so Nintendo will likely use the Oracle games to promote the new game. I remember Super Mario Bros. 3 being released before Galaxy to promote it.