So what is it about the 3D that hurts some people's eyes? It differs by games...

#1G1ingyPosted 3/2/2013 3:54:56 PM
Here's what I noticed...some people get fatigued when playing in 3D for too long, others don't. And for others, it depends on the game.

For me, I noticed that Rhythm Thief does quite a number to my eyes if I played in 3D for too long, but Etrian Odyssey 4 and Fire Emblem has no effect on my eyes at all even at max 3D.

So is there any specific quality in those games or the 3D function that factors into making your eyes tired? If you are the type to get fatigued by it in the first place that is.
#2ORANGE666Posted 3/2/2013 3:57:13 PM
3D causes eye strain

As does putting a pencil in front of your nose and focusing on it
#3G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:59:08 PM
And what makes some games like Rhythm Thief cause more strain than other games like Fire Emblem or Etrian Odyssey?
#4dizanimatorPosted 3/2/2013 4:06:22 PM
I've only had an issue playing with the 3D in one game, and I have no idea why that game causes problems. I played RE:Revelaitons with strong 3D and the slider turned all the way up and I'm fine. Kid Icarus: Uprising causes problems whenever I play in 3D, but less if the slider is almost all the way down. I wish I knew what the problem was.
#5LightHawKnightPosted 3/2/2013 4:06:26 PM
You do realize that using your eyes more than they are used to causes fatigue and pain right?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 4:07:19 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
You do realize that using your eyes more than they are used to causes fatigue and pain right?

...you only read the title and nothing else did you?
#7mabber_IIIPosted 3/2/2013 4:29:21 PM
you brain has to force the two images to converge, which is more work than just staring at a flat screen
#8LightHawKnightPosted 3/2/2013 4:39:47 PM
G1ingy posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

...you only read the title and nothing else did you?

No. You obviously don't know how a body works.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#9REMercsChampPosted 3/2/2013 4:54:57 PM
It hurts my eyes!!
#10G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 5:51:54 PM
Starting to think reading isn't most people's strong point...