Games with the worst voice acting

#111MinamoPosted 3/2/2013 11:50:45 PM
I have a hard time believing anything is worse than Arc Rise Fantasia. I feel bad for everyone involved with that dub.
#112Thegnat5Posted 3/2/2013 11:59:43 PM
Two Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1LF6AbYbc

Pray!
#113jedinatPosted 3/3/2013 12:00:28 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'm dead serious. It's not the worst VA I've ever heard, but it's close. Then again, I haven't played many games with bad VA.

You gotta be trolling. It's one of the best dubs I've ever heard. I don't mind them at all. And I hate dubs. I hate them. I have spent an unreasonable amount effort and time in managing to avoid them (undubs).
#114Halladay32Posted 3/3/2013 12:00:42 AM
Minamo posted...
I have a hard time believing anything is worse than Arc Rise Fantasia. I feel bad for everyone involved with that dub.

I hope no one already linked this, but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zygDzAkothQ

I swear, the part at the 2:00 mark always makes me crack up.
---
"Lesson, lesson...If you see a stranger, follow him."
#115Kane_DynastPosted 3/3/2013 12:06:13 AM
Lux Pain.

It's voice acting was pretty bad to begin with, and then the spoken script didn't follow the written script...like at all...made it infinitely worse.
#116hyper kobun dashPosted 3/3/2013 12:23:39 AM
House of the Dead 2

"We're going. to see Gee. over there."

Arc Rise Fantasia

"Mr L'Arc. Help Meeehhhhhh!!!"

The original Grandia had pretty bad voice acting too.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#117The_Mighty_KELPPosted 3/3/2013 12:32:42 AM
All your base are belong to us...
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#118FuzzyJelloPosted 3/3/2013 12:40:49 AM
HeyZeuss posted...
Most Jrpgs have pretty bad voice acting in general. It's not necessarily the voices or the actors themselves, as much as the dialogue. Full of strange grunts and huffs and weird noises no one makes in regular conversations.

While I think your assertion is flawed, as it is possible (though quite rarely done) to localize a lot of the Japan out of a game, this is really one of the things that these topics need to be prefaced with. You can't fairly blame voice actors or directors without first acknowledging that your source is fundamentally wonky; even though the good dubs do hold the weaker ones to task regardless.

HeyZeuss posted...
And they always just randomly say each others names over and over, for no real reason, even when it's completely irrelevant.

Chrono Eternal posted...
I'm surprised that I haven't seen Baten Kaitos mentioned here yet. It's got some pretty terrible voice acting.

Probably a mix of people not playing it and that it wasn't bad across the board.

While also providing another chance to bring up that Origins had an amazing dub.
#119BigPappy09Posted 3/3/2013 12:42:42 AM
House of the Dead 2. Although it may be the best voice acting ever as well if it was purposely done bad.
#120GreshEvansPosted 3/3/2013 12:59:16 AM
WiiFan77 posted...
Quiet_Noise posted...
This. YouTube it. I had never heard of it, and didn't believe the claims until I heard it.

Oh my God. I just youtube'd it too. Absolutely the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

This actually makes me mad. How can anyone get paid for that? Was it meant to be a joke on the consumers? I've never played it, but that game can't be any good. Is it?
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.