Games with the worst voice acting

#121jedinatPosted 3/3/2013 12:07:55 AM
GreshEvans posted...
WiiFan77 posted...
Quiet_Noise posted...
This. YouTube it. I had never heard of it, and didn't believe the claims until I heard it.

Oh my God. I just youtube'd it too. Absolutely the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

This actually makes me mad. How can anyone get paid for that? Was it meant to be a joke on the consumers? I've never played it, but that game can't be any good. Is it?

It's like the dubbing was done in a high school classroom setting and the teacher called out kids in the back row who looked like they weren't paying attention. Reluctantly, they open the script to the page specified and start reading... lol
#122GreshEvansPosted 3/3/2013 12:11:18 AM
Halladay32 posted...
Minamo posted...
I have a hard time believing anything is worse than Arc Rise Fantasia. I feel bad for everyone involved with that dub.

I hope no one already linked this, but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zygDzAkothQ

I swear, the part at the 2:00 mark always makes me crack up.

I just watched the Arc Rise Fantasia. How does that stuff get put into a game? It's like they picked random people, mailed them their lines only, and then told them to record it and send the recording back. All of this with no knowledge of character names, plot, game title. Really no knowledge that it's for a video game at all.

Lame.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#123Totor999Posted 3/3/2013 12:11:40 AM
Tales of Eternia.

For some reason, anything japanese that gets dub in english just sounds awkwardly and unnaturally delivered to me.

Reid sounded bland and surprised at calling his own attacks at the same time.

Meredy just gave me the urge to kill her every time she had anything to say.

Farah sounded obnoxious at all times and Keele seemed like he was forcing himself to be sarcastic...

Only Max sounded okay, despite the fact that he was stereotypically hammy.
---
Removing a robot girl's armor leaves only her evangelion-esque suit.
Giving her new armor gives her a cleavage and a midriff. Wait what?
#124FefnirOmega13Posted 3/3/2013 12:14:28 AM
Aha! I forgot one.

That one X-men beat em up game where Magneto constantly yells things like "KILL YOU! YOU ARE DEAD!" and "X-CHICKEN, GO TO DIE!" and of course "X-MEN, WELCOME TO DIE!"
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#125GreshEvansPosted 3/3/2013 12:14:34 AM
jedinat posted...

It's like the dubbing was done in a high school classroom setting and the teacher called out kids in the back row who looked like they weren't paying attention. Reluctantly, they open the script to the page specified and start reading... lol

Haha. YES!
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#126OoSubaruoOPosted 3/3/2013 12:18:38 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Aha! I forgot one.

That one X-men beat em up game where Magneto constantly yells things like "KILL YOU! YOU ARE DEAD!" and "X-CHICKEN, GO TO DIE!" and of course "X-MEN, WELCOME TO DIE!"

It's called "X-Men", dun dun dun dun!
#127MegawizardPosted 3/3/2013 12:25:31 AM(edited)
MizunoRyuu posted...
All answers that aren't Evil Zone are both invalid and uneducated.

That game was awesome purely because of the narrator. I frickin loved that game; hafta try and get it off ebay. Glad someone reminded me of its existence. :3

The_Mighty_KELP posted...
All your base are belong to us...

That wasn't voice acting.
---
^( ' ' )^
#128Ikilluha1Posted 3/3/2013 12:28:03 AM
Siveria posted...
Any game that is dubbed in english that came from japan /endthread

The Japanese va's are always vastly superior than the cheap ass dubs these companys due, because in japan its actually a career, mostly because the japanese ones actually act, where in 99.8% of dubbed over games into english they just blankly read lines off a script and do not actually act.

What about Persona 4? Clearly English>Japanese.

But worse I heard would definitely be Sniper 2.
"I'm Harry, Harry Spencer."
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#129oxnerdPosted 3/3/2013 12:28:43 AM
ff10
#130supremeblasterPosted 3/3/2013 12:31:47 AM
Megaman ZX Advent. Not all were bad, but, Vent and Aie were just.....
*cringe*