Games with the worst voice acting

#21Carbuncle009Posted 3/2/2013 7:23:35 PM
I should have been the one to fill your heart with LIIIII-iiii-IIIIGHT!
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#22Halladay32Posted 3/2/2013 7:24:03 PM
Siveria posted...
Any game that is dubbed in english that came from japan /endthread

The Japanese va's are always vastly superior than the cheap ass dubs these companys due, because in japan its actually a career, mostly because the japanese ones actually act, where in 99.8% of dubbed over games into english they just blankly read lines off a script and do not actually act.

Can't tell if serious...
---
"Lesson, lesson...If you see a stranger, follow him."
#23Tempest717Posted 3/2/2013 7:25:59 PM
Siveria posted...
Any game that is dubbed in english that came from japan /endthread

The Japanese va's are always vastly superior than the cheap ass dubs these companys due, because in japan its actually a career, mostly because the japanese ones actually act, where in 99.8% of dubbed over games into english they just blankly read lines off a script and do not actually act.

Please be joke post...
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#24crimsonclaw111Posted 3/2/2013 7:27:31 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
I should have been the one to fill your heart with LIIIII-iiii-IIIIGHT!

Lol, this guy too. CUHRAYZEEEEH
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#25SiveriaPosted 3/2/2013 7:29:56 PM(edited)
Nope not a joke, I hate most english dubbed jrpgs just like I dispise all english dubbed anime, in most cases they are just so bad. But I know reading subtitles and watching something on the same screen is too hard for some people. Its also like how I hate that everything that comes to the usa has to be bastardized and americanized before it can be sold, usually in that transition the game loses most of what made it good.
#26GhetsisPosted 3/2/2013 7:29:48 PM
Siveria posted...
Nope not a joke, I hate most english dubbed jrpgs just like I dispise all english dubbed anime, in most cases they are just so bad. But I know reading subtitles and watching something on the same screen is too hard for some people.

You seriously think the Disgaea games have better Japanese voice tracks than English?

And....MGS?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#27SiveriaPosted 3/2/2013 7:32:39 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Siveria posted...
Nope not a joke, I hate most english dubbed jrpgs just like I dispise all english dubbed anime, in most cases they are just so bad. But I know reading subtitles and watching something on the same screen is too hard for some people.

You seriously think the Disgaea games have better Japanese voice tracks than English?

And....MGS?

Disgaea's voice acting is damn annoying no matter which you use. But the actors were told to act like that for the char. MGS.. I've only played the first one on ps1 and the one with that Raiden clown on ps2. I can say though that MGS is one of the VERY VERY few english dubs that were actually done fairly well, I also though Suikoden 5's Dub job was fairly good too... Hmm I am noticing a trend here.. all Konami games..
#28LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/2/2013 7:33:15 PM
Siveria posted...
Nope not a joke, I hate most english dubbed jrpgs just like I dispise all english dubbed anime, in most cases they are just so bad. But I know reading subtitles and watching something on the same screen is too hard for some people. Its also like how I hate that everything that comes to the usa has to be bastardized and americanized before it can be sold, usually in that transition the game loses most of what made it good.

Is it bad because it's not in Japanese?
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#29Tempest717Posted 3/2/2013 7:33:45 PM
Siveria posted...

Something tells me you wouldn't be able to tell a good Japanese dub from a bad...
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#30Mariofan15Posted 3/2/2013 7:33:49 PM
This thread isn't complete without Resident Evil. And I mean the entire series, not just RE1.

Oh,hell no. The VA for the series is good. I say Sunshine if only because of Bowser.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135