Games with the worst voice acting

#41mjc0961Posted 3/2/2013 7:44:52 PM
Also, this is a relevant and fun video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_bx_9QYt7k
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#42Mariofan15Posted 3/2/2013 7:45:09 PM
So now we resorting to namecalling because your opinion differs from mine? I dunno, the game just sound better, Alot of times the US companys don't get the right voice actor that fits the character, its hard to explain, japanese ones do it too at times, but alot less so.

It's not a matter of your opinion being different. It's the fact your bashing English dubs because you think the Japanese voices are superior when they arent.

Mariofan15 posted...
Oh,hell no. The VA for the series is good. I say Sunshine if only because of Bowser.

...Like who? Most of RE has had ass acting, and even with okay acting it has some of the most awkward deliveries in a script.

"That would be ***s!"

Says you. I'm fine with the Voice acting.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#43Ian_KovichPosted 3/2/2013 7:48:44 PM
Siveria posted...
Alot of times the US companys don't get the right voice actor that fits the character, its hard to explain, japanese ones do it too at times, but alot less so.

Did you know that a large number of Japanese companies actually oversee English casting and voice direction?

I went to a convention once and listened to a voice actress' experience when dubbing a Final Fantasy game. Square Enix actually sent staff overseas to listen to her performance, and after every line, she'd be stuck in the booth for minutes on end as they discuss if they liked her take on the line or not.

Another fun fact: Yoshio Sakamoto casted and directed every English voice actor in Metroid: Other M.
---
I do not like Nintendo games. Zelda is a Nintendo game. 3DDGH is not a Nintendo game. Thus, it is entirely logical that I like 3DDGH and not Zelda. -Xtaceous
#44crimsonclaw111Posted 3/2/2013 7:49:28 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Says you. I'm fine with the Voice acting.

Heh. I like the acting because it's bad. B-movie vibes and such.

And about the Jap/Eng debate, they both make bad dubs and they both make good dubs. It's all on a case per case basis.

MGS, for example, is much better to me in English than Japanese.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#45wheresatariPosted 3/2/2013 7:58:09 PM
I must say Arc Rise Fantasia as well. With the exception of Serge, who I thought was alright, the rest were indeed abysmal. Nice RPG (one of the highlights of the Wii), great challenge for an RPG, terrible to try getting into if bad voice acting takes you out of the experience at all.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#46SoeroahPosted 3/2/2013 8:02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHw5g55oC4
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#47Toadster9001Posted 3/2/2013 8:05:03 PM
Persona 4
---
Now you're playing with power.
#48SilentWandererPosted 3/2/2013 8:27:14 PM(edited)
chaos wars.

Hearing their excuse for voice acting made me laugh the hardest in a long while.

Castle Shikigami 2 is a close contender as well.
---
"I'm giving you an all-tomato, meaning that you give me the whole tomato, or else."
#49SagadegoPosted 3/2/2013 8:07:33 PM
Toadster9001 posted...
Persona 4

:/
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#50Super SlashPosted 3/2/2013 8:09:34 PM
I should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIGHT